Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2005 11:45:37 AM EDT
Anyone ?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:50:48 AM EDT
[#1]
If I'm not mistaken, they carry Jerichos, not sure of caliber, it's almost exactly the same as a Baby Eagle. I think the primary difference is the location of the safety/decocker.  One is slide mounted and one is frame mounted but I'm not sure which.  MJD
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:52:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks .

Love this board only took 5 minutes .

Anyone have some pics ????  
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 12:21:37 PM EDT
[#3]
one of the best sites for israeli militaria became a pay site and now i can't get good info from it cause i ain't gonna pay.  but under sidearms they list glock 17 and 19, sig p226 and p228, imi barak and jericho 941.  i could be wrong but i believe the jericho is imported as the baby eagle while the barak is the sp-21.  the baby eagle has a slide mounted safety/decocker.  the sp-21 has everything frame mounted and is rather ugly.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 12:31:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Jericho 941:
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 12:32:54 PM EDT
[#5]
The Desert Eagle is the slide mounted safety. The Jericho is frame mounted.
Jerichos are available in 9mm, .40, and. 45. At one time they were available in .41 Action Express.
I imagine that there may be CZ's and Hi-Powers in inventory as well.

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 12:34:11 PM EDT
[#6]
The SP-21 / Barak

Jericho/Baby Eagle

Sig 226

Glock

Isayeret.com

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 12:35:56 PM EDT
[#7]
What I find interesting is that the Jericho (and probably Baby Eagle, never owned one) uses polygonal rifling much like Glock.  MJD
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 12:39:37 PM EDT
[#8]
my dad bought a jericho at my insistance back in the late 80's came in a plastic case with 2 barrels, 1 in 9mm and 1 in 41AE. if i am not mistaken it is a CZ clone and i believe any CZ clone mag will work in them but you might have to make a new mag catch hole.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:53:49 PM EDT
[#9]
well the current incarnation of the baby eagle sold by magnum research has neither a frame mounted stafety nor a polygonally rifled barrel.  i was looking at the magnum research page.  that is where i became confused.  the f model are the ones with the frame mounted safety.  i don't know if those are imported though.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:57:06 PM EDT
[#10]
a mix of good stuff--all 9mm

mostly foreign pistols from what i hear--domestic ones are for export mostly, but they get what they can and use it

the top rated/most prefered:
Sig P-226
Glock 17
BHP(?)
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 3:02:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

mostly foreign pistols from what i hear--domestic ones are for export mostly, but they get what they can and use it

Sig P-226
Glock 17
BHP(?)

Thanks for all the good info everyone .

How are the Jericho/Baby Eagle pistols in terms of quality ? Not preferred over the others above due to weight or other issues ?  
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:21:12 PM EDT
[#12]
ah--i must correct myself

turns out that the 3rd was not the BHP but the IMI 941; thier domestic brands are issued heavily, just not prefered over the foreign made ones

BHP/FN 9mms are still used though

"the SIG, while most prefered, is scarcer than those Jericho (DE Baby Eagle) models made by IMI"

my fault

h/w, all are carried empty chamber and must be racked prior to use--too standardize training and have a single action first shot

9mm is the standard issued caliber

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sig P-226
Glock 17
BHP(?)

How are the Jericho/Baby Eagle pistols in terms of quality ? Not preferred over the others above due to weight or other issues ?  

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:01:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
ah--i must correct myself

turns out that the 3rd was not the BHP but the IMI 941; thier domestic brands are issued heavily, just not prefered over the foreign made ones

BHP/FN 9mms are still used though

"the SIG, while most prefered, is scarcer than those Jericho (DE Baby Eagle) models made by IMI"

my fault

h/w, all are carried empty chamber and must be racked prior to use--too standardize training and have a single action first shot

9mm is the standard issued caliber

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sig P-226
Glock 17
BHP(?)

Thanks for all the info :)
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:09:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

i know that all police carry with an empty chamber.  but i am not sure about military.  and it isn't entirely due to standarization of training and first shot being single action--wouldn't matter with glocks.  it has a lot to do with politics.  something about the officer having more time to think before being able to shoot someone.  

also one reason they buy so many foreign pistols is that they have to.  the money we give them for defense has to be spent on outside weapons.  that is part of the reason the galil was never issued in large numbers.  they were basically forced to buy the m16/m4 etc.  iirc that is part of the reason the barak hasn't been issued as much as some of the other pistols.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:10:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i know that all police carry with an empty chamber.  but i am not sure about military.  and it isn't entirely due to standarization of training and first shot being single action--wouldn't matter with glocks.  it has a lot to do with politics.  something about the officer having more time to think before being able to shoot someone.  

also one reason they buy so many foreign pistols is that they have to.  the money we give them for defense has to be spent on outside weapons.  that is part of the reason the galil was never issued in large numbers.  they were basically forced to buy the m16/m4 etc.  iirc that is part of the reason the barak hasn't been issued as much as some of the other pistols.  

ah

i got my info from "assault weapons 4th ed"

and ARF.com
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:49:14 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ah

and ARF.com

i got most of my info when i was there and talking to soldiers--which is everybody.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:35:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ah

and ARF.com

i got most of my info when i was there and talking to soldiers--which is everybody.

cant argue w/ that

just to be sure, they dont issue HPs/JHPs but straight FMJs, right
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:58:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:31:07 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
cant argue w/ that

never thought to ask that.  but i would suspect they carry fmj just the same as every other military.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:15:05 PM EDT
[#20]
as

Quoted:

Quoted:
cant argue w/ that

never thought to ask that.  but i would suspect they carry fmj just the same as every other military.  

And as mandated by various international conventions concerning warfare. (Hague Convention, Geneva Convention, whatever else convention)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top