Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2002 6:01:07 AM EDT
I've been a user of .45's for a long time, much longer than the 9mm. I went for the 9's about mid 80's when they were becoming the "thing" to have.

My First 9mm was a S&W 459, it was "too" big (at the time) and I fancied the model 39 at that time.  Soooo, I traded the 459 in and picked up a 439 which I like(d) (now, with the "hi-cap" crapola, I look back and say "DOH!" Shoulda kept the 459!)

I have since picked up a 92F, which is great, hi-cap and all.  I will definitely keep this for blasting the couple thou' rounds I have of 9mm.

The 45's I use for home defense and carry. I could use the money from the sale of the S&W for something else in .45 or maybe a C&R or three ()

so I guess what I'm doing is getting your perspective on me doing the right thing or not.

what's a 439 going for these days? (near NIB)
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 9:41:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I would never sell a gun except in dire straights ... but I do follow your logic.

I have a S&W 5904 hi-cap 9mm that doesn't see much action any more.
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 9:47:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Go ahead and sell the smith, especially since you still have a 92.  It's good to have a 9mm for cheap practice, but you only really need the one.

For the price I would assume about $300?  Check www.gunsamerica.com and www.gunbroker.com to see what people are asking and getting for your model.
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 1:15:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm a 45 guy too.  I guess you should have one 9mm.  I do.  Two 9mms?  What for?  Unless you use the slimmer 439 for a carry gun I would not feel bad in letting it go.  I have never been a fan of S&W autos.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 2:50:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Go ahead and sell it.  Now a BHP, I'd keep.
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 2:53:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 3:33:26 PM EDT
[#6]
sounds like a plan, thanks for the input guys
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top