Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2002 7:41:05 AM EDT
I need some help. I'm moving to CA and I need to know what I'm going to have to do to get a gun out there. I know the laws are really strict, so any info would help. Also, I want a handgun but I'm pretty clueless about them so some advice on that would be good too! THANKS!
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 8:27:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Why would you want a "gun" in kalistand?
The .gov passed all the laws you need to be and stay safe. You might be able to contact Fienswine and get a ccw permit. I hear she has one of the few. She could also tell you how to obtain that pistol or you could just not worry about it and be happy!
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 7:50:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Long guns and pistols are different - both require a 10 day waiting period and must be done though an FFL. No private party sales.

caag.state.ca.us/firearms
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 7:58:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Long guns and pistols are different - both require a 10 day waiting period and must be done though an FFL. No private party sales.

caag.state.ca.us/firearms

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING????

What happens if you're moving into the state with a collection?  Are you required to FFL everything to yourself to jump through some hoops???  I didn't read that link, but if you know offhand, please tell me.
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 8:44:26 PM EDT
[#4]
You can only bring approved weapons into the state - no AR's or AK's, no magazines larger than 10 - including handguns. Handguns must be on the approved list and are required to be reported via a form $$ with make, model and serial number within 30 days of moving into the state. No double edged knives, innert grenades, IR illuminators attached to night vision rifle scopes, pistol grips on rifles ...

You are allowed to bring your own firearms in.

It gets worse once you're here.

One handgun a month, next year fingerprints, mandatory training ...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top