Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2002 11:33:20 AM EDT
Went to the gun shop ready to buy a glock 22.  The  damn owner puts a Steyr .40 in my hands and says , "Check this shit out." Nice feel, sights, etc.  Are Steyr Handguns as good as their rifles? I am all confused now....
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 11:53:54 AM EDT
[#1]
i have a couple of freinds that swear by them. I also see lots of used ones for sale.

Seems like a good pistol for the money. Id prefer it over a glock. Then again i prefer anything over a glock.

mike
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 11:55:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Funny story, I had the the exact same thing happen to me. I've had 2 glock before my Steyr, IMHO the Steyr, shoots, feels, handle better, plus ALLOT less recoil. Love the sights, target acquisition is instant due to its design. The big seller for the wife was the key lock for the kids.

Buy it you'll be glad you did, Plus it was 200.00 less than the glock.
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 2:44:51 PM EDT
[#3]
The Steyr may be a fine handgun, low bore axis, good name and all, but I think they were discontinued (verify that) and may be hard finding parts for sometime down the road. If thats true, see about scarfing up some spare parts as soon as possible..recoil spring, firing pin, extractor, etc...you know. I would like to try one on someday, looks comfy.
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 10:19:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I contacted Dynamit-Nobel (Steyr's new distributor)and they said that their are no plans to continue distribution of any pistols in the U.S..This would indeed be concerning for those needing parts/repair.
It's a shame too....I like the pistols.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 4:22:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I did not care for mine, but I think I got a lemon, if other's tales of great reliabiity and accuracy are true.

I much prefer my XD.
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 3:25:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I read on another board not too long ago that DSA was going to import the Steyr pistols. However when I went to their website I could not confirm this. http://www.dsarms.com. My M40 was only about 98% reliable but my M357 is 100%. Also the M357 has less recoil than any other 357 I own. That includes Glock, HK, and Sig.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top