Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2005 6:57:47 PM EDT
Im looking at getting either my first glock or another h&k. I already have a .40 usp compact H&K now and im thinking the next one should be a 9mm or .45.  Ammo is cheaper with the 9mm but i would also really like the 45. Should i go for the glock and change it up a bit or stick with the H&Ks? thanks for the input guys
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:10:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't go wrong with a USP Tactical.  Match parts, reliablility and it will eat anything you feed it.  A threaded barrel in case your wife gets sick of the noise and you have to splurge for a silencer.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:20:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm a really big fan of both Glock and HK.  I have the HK P2000 and the HK P7M8.  I also own the Glock 36, 19, and 26.  I truly love both brands.  I started off with the Glock 36 as my very first handgun, and even though it only has six round capacity (stock) it feels great in the hand.  I have had no problems with any of them.  The Glock 36 had a couple of FTE problems after I shot about 2500 rounds through it.  I replaced the recoil spring (provided free from Glock) and haven't had a problem since.  If I had replaced it sooner like I was supposed to of, then it wouldn't have happened.

I personally carry the HK P7M8.  It is a very safe, simple, genious design that allows me to always keep it loaded while I carry.  It also allows for very quick follow shots.  A little on the expensive side for a 9mm but I believe it to be worth every penny.  Try gunbroker.com for a good deal on one.  You can't go wrong with either brand.  Glocks are cheaper...9mm are cheaper.  That's all I can really say, except i'll take a 45 over a 9mm any day.  Good luck.

Life is just full of hard decisions...I really feel sorry for you.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 11:32:48 AM EDT
[#3]
You can not wrong with the Glock or HK. If I had the money and went .45 I might get the HK after reading how easy it is to run .45super ammo Big bores Glock test sure makes the Glock look ugly like a monster but very desirable for a handgun. If you do not have a 9mm I would get one for sure. I also would go with a Glock 17 or CZ75B. So many companies make decent pistols now it is a hard decision when you want to get one and not feel like you got another one instead two weeks later. Well no matter what you get you will feel that way if you look and read about pistols very often. LOL. If you are going to bang it around and carry it camping or any thing like that then I would go with a Glock or CZ 9mm because they are hard to beat for the money. If accuracy is a key factor I would go with the CZ. My two cents are now added. Maybe I will add two more later. LOL.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 12:27:35 PM EDT
[#4]
a friend of mine has a p7m8 and loves it for various reasons.  and yes its a beautiful design and great for quick 2nd shots.  to be fair though its more than a little on the expensive side.  new ones are more than twice the price of any new hk or glock 9mm.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:12:09 PM EDT
[#5]
someday i hope to add a HK P7M8 to my safe.beautiful gun imho.answer me this.why is the P7 faster on follow up shots than other designs?
  The are really a bit steep in price.Ill probably get the new FN 5.7 CAUSE THATS ON TOP OF MY LIST.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:31:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Eventually you will have both.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:41:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
someday i hope to add a HK P7M8 to my safe.beautiful gun imho.answer me this.why is the P7 faster on follow up shots than other designs?

Lower bore axis would be my answer. Short slide travel maybe another?

The are really a bit steep in price.

One gets what one pays for.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:46:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lower bore axis would be my answer. Short slide travel maybe another?

The are really a bit steep in price.

One gets what one pays for.

and they aren't in production anymore.  so the prices are only going up...up...up
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top