Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2005 5:31:30 PM EDT
 Today I just received a phone call from my local PD telling me that my 3 pistol permits are now ready to be picked up which is GREAT NEWS !!!  One of the permits is spoken for its going to a S&W 645.  Which leaves me with 2 permits and no ideas as to what to get.  Heres where you all come in.  Im trying to compile a good list of suggestions what to buy.  I already have a Ruger Security 6 in .357, a Ruger P89DC in 9mm, and a Springfield 1911 Ultra Compact and the aforementioned S&W coming in.  What else do I NEED?  Just to inform ya that Glocks are not an option.  Im not going to disrespect any Glock owners I'm sure they are wonderful handguns but I hate how they feel in my hand,  So besides a Glock gimme you're thoughts.  And on a side note why the hell are Mark23s so freaking expensive?  Tahnks for your time and consideration.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:05:21 PM EDT
[#1]
a glock with a grip reduction!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:30:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

And on a side note why the hell are Mark23s so freaking expensive?  Tahnks for your time and consideration.  

They're expensive because they'll sell for that amount.

Personally, I would opt for the Tactical and/or the Expert or the plain old USP version, IMO.

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:40:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And on a side note why the hell are Mark23s so freaking expensive?  Tahnks for your time and consideration.  

They're expensive because they'll sell for that amount.

Personally, I would opt for the Tactical and/or the Expert or the plain old USP version, IMO.

+1

Maybe get something in 10mm, just to play with (thats next on my list)?  Doesnt have to be Glock, you could always look at a EAA Witness.

You could also get a 460 XVR, I just picked up one of these recently - awesome

Definately check out a USP of some kind though.

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 7:57:33 PM EDT
[#4]
well I would take an HK USP .45 Tactical for sure. And depending on if you have a CCW (don't know how that works in NJ) Either a USPc in 9mm or a P2000. If no CCW, maybe a Sig or another HK
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:47:54 AM EDT
[#5]
maybe you want to think about something a bit more unique and rare.  if you like hk and have the money to spend go take a look at a p7m8.  the squeeze cocker takes a little getting used to but it shoots like a dream.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:08:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Well first I think you should save your money and move to a state where you can have all the guns you want.. No permit shizzat..

But to answer your question.. Check out Hk and Sig.. they are the best of the best..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top