Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2005 4:13:29 PM EDT
Starvel finish, EXCELLENT condition, 3 mags, 9mm. I bought a defender a few months ago to replace it and I am having a hard time coming up with a price. It still looks new, and while I like it very much, my Defender has replaced it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:34:04 AM EDT
[#1]
About $300 (give or take $50) is what I see them going for here.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:57:12 AM EDT
[#2]
A 9mm Firestar will bring $250 unless you get lucky.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:24:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
A 9mm Firestar will bring $250 unless you get lucky.

+1
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:23:57 AM EDT
[#4]
    I had one of these pistols.  They are very high quality (Spanish guns tend to be excellent) but the problem is that they are no longer imported, and neither are parts or factory mags.  For the most part, I don't think mags are really that tough to get at gun shows though.
    You Firestar is very well fitted and reliable.  The guys who say that it's only worth about $250.00 are probably about right, unfortunately.  In their "heyday" I think they sold for about $400.00 new.
    For what you can get for it vs. how nice these pistols are, you may be better off to keep it.  I carried my M43 for awhile, but found it to be kinda heavy for a carry piece, despite its compact size.  That's because there are no plastics or alloys used on them.

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 2:59:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I want to say I paid $299 for it new. It will shoot circles around many of the smaller 9mms on the market today. Works exactly like a 1911, but with an ambi safety. Only thinking about selling it as I bought a Colt Defender as my CCW primary weapon. And yes, it is heavy, but very comfortable to fire, I hated the Kahr my boss had, not even in the same class it seemed. Was totally not impressed with the accuracy or the slow follow up shots. His was a .40 but I was shooting +P stuff myself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top