Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2005 8:26:37 AM EDT
First off I would like to say that I carry almost all the time. Everywhere I go I am strapped. That being said it is very hard to carry while running. I change my route frequently and I am in the middle of nowhere. However, I have noticed dogs and in the past I have had trouble with hatefull drivers in my area.

Example, driving down the country road with my wife on thanksgiving 2 years back and getting behind a guy that is going 25mph. I try to pass him on the passing line and he hits the breaks and pulls his truck across both lanes. I hit the horn and he continues. About a mile down the road he suddenly vears into a driveway with out signalling and I tapped the horn again he promply gets out of his truck and waves his arms around and throws open his truck box reaching for something. I made the good decision and didnt shoot it out with him and used my advantage to driving a sports car and promply made over 80mph of there.

Example 2, another hatefull individual is driving along yesterday while I am running. He desides he wants to turn into his driveway while a huge truck is coming in the other direction. He stops next to me instead of turning left. I was by his rear bumper which meant 1 I couldnt run past him and 2 the other vehicle couldnt get over and would have ran me over had I not dived into the ditch. I kindly thanked the guy that stopped there "I said thanks Mr" and he began cursing just like the country old man from before. I chose to pretend I didnt hear him and run off.

I could see how this might not be an option.

Thinking a sub compact like a P2000 sc in a running bag?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:38:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Glock 27 with a Glock 22 mag in a belly band worn down on your hips.  I can take a pic of mine if you'd like.  I carry a Glock 22 in it and a spare mag, and my wallet when I go walking or hiking.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:48:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I carry while jogging too, always.

I'm not so much into the "jogging attire", I ususally just go shorts with cargo pockets, and a t-shirt. If my trainer makes me wear a sweatshirt, there are lots of options...

So generally I'll do a Keltec 380 in front pocket and extra mag in the other pocket. If it's a sweat it out day with a sweatshirt (yeah, in 100 degree Texas weather sometimes) then I use a belt rig that is comfortable.

Main thing is to carry gun and holster that can take all the sweat. Glocks obviously are great, but I have found no problems with rust and the Keltec either, but I check the internals on it more often.

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:55:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Maybe a belt holster with a Under armor shirt and A loose Tshirt or Tank top to hide the gun, son.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:57:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I use a good 1.5" wide belt with a concealable OWB Galco holster on each hip.  In each holster is a Sig P229 in .357 Sig.  I've got two spare magazines on me also.  Cover garment is an untucked button-up shirt.  Once you stop worrying about style, anything is possible.  If the belt is snug around the hips just about anything is possible.  I routinely play soccer and basketball with my kids with this carry rig in place.   I've considered various bag options, but like you, dogs are a significant part of my risk assessment, and dog attacks happen much too quickly to retrieve a pistol from a bag or fanny pack.  Too much bounce also.

Michael Courtney
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:40:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I don’t run armed because I don’t run much at all, but I would want to know if this would work well or not www.smartcarry.com if you get it tell us about it. I’m thinking that if it doesn’t chafe or bounce then with some baggy shorts and I doubt any one would notes, especially on a guy just running buy.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:43:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Open carry on your belt, balance with water or weight on the other side.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:39:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I carry a glock 20 under a large t-shirt, in a blade tech IWB with a Wilderness belt.  I also wear a thin t-shirt under the holster to keep the chafing down.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:21:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I carry while jogging and running...chest pack, straps over neck and around back, P-226 with an extra twenty round magazine of Black Talons...can remove gun and fire on target in less then 2 seconds...

Michael
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:32:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:49:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I use a belly type band made of wetsuit material and it has a stitched holster that is horizontal. You can carry SOB or in the front. Wear a large, loose fitting t-shirt and you'll be fine. This thing will hold anything from a Keltec or J frame to a USP45.

Anything is possible if you dress for it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:46:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm not trying to be a smartass, but another option is to just buy a treadmill.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:49:22 PM EDT
[#12]
my problem would be holding the gun steady to get a reliable shot after running.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:18:39 AM EDT
[#13]
I carry my 229R in a Gould and Goodrich 'Bodyguard' when I jog. Link.

Due to the elasticity of it, the pistol is kept nice and snug, without hampering breathing. Yes, it gets all sloppy wet with Tomi-sweat, but short of a man-purse (jiggles around too much for me), you are going to get sweat on the pistol.

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:44:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Survival Sheath I've been looking for something like this for a while but, it looks like it would constrict my breathing... I have a asthma-like problem with my breathing as it is (no it's not called "F.A.S." - Fat Ass Syndrome) and I don't need anything that makes it worse.

Quoted:
I carry my 229R in a Gould and Goodrich 'Bodyguard' when I jog. Link.

Due to the elasticity of it, the pistol is kept nice and snug, without hampering breathing. Yes, it gets all sloppy wet with Tomi-sweat, but short of a man-purse (jiggles around too much for me), you are going to get sweat on the pistol.

That looks like it would work for me... My only concern would be how well it would retain the pistol.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 11:55:44 AM EDT
[#15]
I keep my G19 in the back of a camelback, well, a camelback rip off.  Its the kind with a small amount of backpack space on the back of the actual place the blatter goes.  Plenty of room for my cell phone, keys, wallet, and G19 + 1 extra mag.  I even keep my surefire G2 in there since I've been jogging after dusk now.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:38:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I keep my G19 in the back of a camelback, well, a camelback rip off.  Its the kind with a small amount of backpack space on the back of the actual place the blatter goes.  Plenty of room for my cell phone, keys, wallet, and G19 + 1 extra mag.  I even keep my surefire G2 in there since I've been jogging after dusk now.

That's what i do.. not high speed, but better than nothing.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:54:57 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what i do.. not high speed, but better than nothing.

Same here.
I was looking at modifying the pack so that it has a zipper on the strong side, instead of the top, that way I could get it out faster.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:18:09 PM EDT
[#18]
I use my camelbak transformer, and keep my USP compact 45 and an extra mag in there, along with my surefire flashlight, keys, and cell phone.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:35:51 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Or maybe find a better place to run?  I have had my share of roadside hassles, but the most I ever carry is a Spyderco Police Model and a flashlight if it's dark.

Googling "running pack" gives 28 million hits, but what I was looking for one of those neoprene CD player carriers - hide in plain sight, and no bounce.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:15:20 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or maybe find a better place to run?  I have had my share of roadside hassles, but the most I ever carry is a Spyderco Police Model and a flashlight if it's dark.

Googling "running pack" gives 28 million hits, but what I was looking for one of those neoprene CD player carriers - hide in plain sight, and no bounce.

I run in my neighborhood and the park near my home, a very low crime area, but I still carry.  I'd really hate a situation come up and not have the option of being armed.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:05:37 PM EDT
[#21]
From Black Hawk Or with winter Old Man Winter coming around just get this thing here and put it under a jacket of your choice.

I bike a lot, and I get all my stuff here www.nashbar.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top