Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2005 8:20:09 PM EDT
Like I need another hole in my head, none the less, I want one. Im looking for ideas for a compact, high cap 45 slider. I don't want S&W and Glocks don't fit my hand so well...To be used as a sometimes CCW but mostly for home defense and plinking. Im sure this kind of thing has been done to death but please bear with me. It dosen't need to be top of the line but I'll pay for what I want. I don't follow the gun rags and haven't seen whats out there for a while. Just wonder if y'all had a pet gun like this????Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:21:40 PM EDT
[#1]
HK USP
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:31:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Got a few details?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:45:03 PM EDT
[#3]
 I need a new gun!   I tell my wife that everyday... Even the day after I get a new gun....

Anyways check out the USP and USPC/P2000.. Love mine.. All of them
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:46:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, there are plenty different models to be had, from a compact version, to the larger expert/elite/tactical versions.

The compact 45 is one of the feeling handguns I have ever owned, fits the hand perfectly.  It only holds 8 rounds standard, but it is a compact.  The standard size USP, you can get with 10 or 12 round magaines (same for the expert/elite/tactical).  I also have a Tactical 45 USP, and it is just sublime.  O-ring barrel, match grade trigger, match sights, and threaded barrel, make for one really  nice toy.  I can get away with concealing it just fine, and its larger brother the mk23, in the winter.

The only real downside to HKs is the cost of magazines, but I have gotten over that.  Check out the HK forum if you want to see pictures, and other information.  Tons of info there.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:42:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks! Hadn't even realy thought of HKs.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:29:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I am sure it will not be the highest recomended choice but I would look at the new Ruger .45 and the baby eagle.

Edit: OOPS sorry I did not see the hi cap part. Scratch the Ruger. If 10rds is enough I would still look at the baby eagle.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:59:24 AM EDT
[#7]
take a gander at para-ord.  they basically make double-stack 1911s.  having only shot a p14-45 i can't say if their LDA is worth it or not.  but i have heard it basically has a 3lb double action trigger.  that sounds pretty good to me.  but the carry 12 will give you 12 rounds of .45acp in quite a compact package.  the s12 is virtually the same thing but in the more conventional single action setup of the 1911.  the s13 gives .75" more barrel--4.25 vs 3.5--and one more round.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:27:38 AM EDT
[#8]
There is also the least costly so far listed EAA Witness compact 45. I've had good luck with them.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:52:18 AM EDT
[#9]
HK USP Compact in .45... buy one and never turn back.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
There is also the least costly so far listed EAA Witness compact 45. I've had good luck with them.

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top