Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2005 7:54:47 AM EDT
Ok, I searched and didn't come up with anything before I posted this so here goes.  Has anyone seen these?  Are there the problems of the fiber optic shooting loose as with other fiber optic sights (Dawson)?  Also, if these aren't good, could someone recommend a good tritium alternative with good daytime visibility.  The gun is a Glock 19 that I carry daily in a Milt Sparks SSII.  I've currently got some Ameriglo's on it, but am extremely dissapointed as the front sight has already begun to get dim.

All help appreciated

Doc
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:05:37 PM EDT
[#1]
www.truglo.com/content/prod_handgun_sights/tritium_fiber_optic.asp
i have seen these and wow do they glow at night.
a friend has them on his carry gun and i was impressed on how well they light up.
if i could get them for my USPc i would.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:19:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I have them on two Glocks and a XD9 and like them very much.  They are very visable day or night.  I haven't had problems shooting the fiber optic loose yet.  Keep solvents off of them, and they should be ok.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:11:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Keep solvents off why?  Will it melt the fiber optic plastic?  Would CLP be safe.  How do you properly clean your sights?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:11:18 PM EDT
[#4]
btt for further input...
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:22:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Keep solvents off why?  Will it melt the fiber optic plastic?  Would CLP be safe.  How do you properly clean your sights?

Some will.  I know of one case where an owner melted his sights with an aggressive solvent.  I wouldn't use anything except water-based cleaners on them (Slip 2000 gun degreaser, Mpro7, Hoppe's Elite, Simple Green, etc).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top