Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2002 7:55:24 AM EDT
When the latest CDNN catalogue hit I thought that I'd buy a few grips for my Smiths. They had a bunch of grips on sale and so I figured that it couldn't be too great a risk.

First, these grips varied in price from $8.00 to the most expensive being $15.00. Here are the results.

Walnut (light colored) Gripper. S&W M-19 $10.00. This is a great grip. It is large enough for my fingers without being TOO big in proportion to the gun. With it the gun is perfectly balanced and it is great when shooting. No problem using it with speedloaders.

Zebra Grained Walnut oversized target grip. S&W M-19. $15.00. This grip is amazing. It is the most secure target grip I've ever bought and far better than some I've had that cost 4 or 5 times as much. The wood is beautiful, fit perfect and the grip feels like it was made just for me. Short of a Ransom rest, I don't think you could do better. Forget using speed loaders though.      

A Light colored, oversized Walnut Gripper. S&W M-28 $10.00. this one was also great. It is larger than I expected but on the N frame, feels just right. It helps the balance on the N frame because it's slightly heavier than the stock grips. It has a mat finish that I may oil in the future. I really like this one.

Finally, I bought two pair of Presentation Grade Rosewood grips to go on some of my old Brazilian Contract S&Ws. They were $8.00 a pair. Fit and finish is perfect. They feel great in the hand and have deep dark grain structure.

For those of you looking for some inexpensive grips that add a little bit of personalization to your guns, check out the grips at CDNN.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top