Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2002 8:23:48 PM EDT
I bought a Springfield Armory XD-40 today. I'd been looking at buying a Glock 23, but after fondling the XD-40 I went with it. The grip fits my hand a lot better than the G23, and that's important.
The one thing that they told me about the XD-9 was that it will accept M9 magazines. I like that! But I wanted a 40. So now the question is where to get hi-caps?
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 10:24:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, the XD-9 was said to be able to use Smith & Wesson 59? series mags.  Somene once said that Berretta mags worked.

Now, I know that the Beretta is made in 40, so that mag might work.  There is a complete postin/topic over at .... HS2000 & SA-XD Talk is where to look for more info.

Edit- But, isn't the Berretta 40 mags only 11 rounders?
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 12:16:06 AM EDT
[#2]
If you would have bought a XD-9 and then bought some XD-40 mags you can put 14+ rounds of 9mm in the XD-40 mags legally..
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 4:21:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't think you'll find any HiCaps in 40S&W. Buy yourself a couple extras and enjoy that pistol. I've had an HS2000 since they first hit the shelves and it's been near perfect.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 2:52:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I have been seriously considering picking up an S.A. XD-9, but I would much prefer to have it with a 5 inch barrel.  I wonder why only .40 version is advertised with the 5 inch barrel?

I already have a USP40 and a G27, plus I am adding a G23 sometime in the future, so I would prefer my XD pistol in 9mm.  I think I am going to hold out a bit to try to get a 5 inch tactical version.  Anybody seen 5" 9mm XDs for sale anywhere yet?
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Ive been using pre-ban Beretta 92 mags in my Beretta 96 since I bought it. Ive gone through atleast 2000 rounds and have yet to have a failure to feed and you can get 12 rounds of 40SW into a 9mm pre-ban mag.

BKVic
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 4:40:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Ive been using pre-ban Beretta 92 mags in my Beretta 96 since I bought it. Ive gone through atleast 2000 rounds and have yet to have a failure to feed and you can get 12 rounds of 40SW into a 9mm pre-ban mag.

Interesting. I picked up some post-ban 96 magazines that I modified a little. Works just fine. Oh, and here's a pic of it.

Link Posted: 12/31/2002 7:38:41 AM EDT
[#7]
The SW mags work in the HS2k and XD-9. I've been using Beretta and Taurus mags in mine. They stick out .20" but work flawlessly. The SW mags need some mod done to the follower but the Beretta/Taurus do not.

Haven't checked into the XD-40 mag options for hi caps yet. Go to

www.hs2000talk.com

for info on this. I think you can get 12 rnds of 40 in the Beretta/Taurus mags.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 3:14:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have been seriously considering picking up an S.A. XD-9, but I would much prefer to have it with a 5 inch barrel.  I wonder why only .40 version is advertised with the 5 inch barrel?

I already have a USP40 and a G27, plus I am adding a G23 sometime in the future, so I would prefer my XD pistol in 9mm.  I think I am going to hold out a bit to try to get a 5 inch tactical version.  Anybody seen 5" 9mm XDs for sale anywhere yet?

www.springfieldarmory.com/prod-xdpstl-long.shtml

first one on the page. If you cant find one at a store then try to get a place to order it for you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top