Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2005 3:02:14 PM EDT
Hey guys... was browsing my gun shop today.... Wanted to know what a gun was worth the dealer had.....  It was in the case and didn't have a price on it... Just a card..... They were very busy and I was in a hurry so I had to leave before I could talk with someone.... Here is the scoop......

It was a Springfield Mil-spec 1911.....Looked like standard sights.... It had a Wilson combat skeletonized hammer & Wilson combat grip safety installed.  It also had Hogue rubber wrap-around grips...
The finish was pristine... It was a BRIGHT polished stainless finish......  You could shave with it and use the gun as a mirror.....
There were no marks on the gun....anywhere.  Very nice condition.....  It had no box though.....
Price?

thanks

tim
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh yeah...
It also had an upgraded trigger...... I think it was a Wilson Combat --- Had the 3 small circles drilled through it......

tj
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:12:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:35:44 PM EDT
[#3]
There wasn't any internal work done other than a upgraded trigger; grip safety; combat hammer.....
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:00:33 PM EDT
[#4]
A NIB stock SA stainless Mil Spec should retail for $550 TOPS.

Since the one you looked at is probably slightly used , but has some upgraded parts,
you might consider it a wash if you really want it and the dealer gives you a warranty.

If you buy it INSPECT IT CAREFULLY , just in case somebody BUBBAIZED it .
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:08:53 PM EDT
[#5]
What about the high polished finish?  Does that add $ to the price?  It's not matte stainless but high polished..... Just want to know before I go back to inquire....
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:22:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What about the high polished finish?  Does that add $ to the price?  It's not matte stainless but high polished..... Just want to know before I go back to inquire....

I'm not sure SA offers this? Someone who knows should say or maybe you can check their web site? Shiney finishes are hell to shoot in bright daylight.

Sounds to me like someone has slogged around in it with some extra parts & then got rid of it. Personally, I would pass & get a NIB mil-spec for $425-450.

My .02
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:34:04 PM EDT
[#7]
The top was matte chrome... Where the sights are and the reast was a nice shiny polished stainless......
Could've been added by a finish company or something....
Gun looked real clean
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:14:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The top was matte chrome... Where the sights are and the reast was a nice shiny polished stainless......
Gun looked real clean

That sounds like the stock stainless finish on Sprinfields.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:46:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Gun looked real clean

That sounds like the stock stainless finish on Sprinfields.

Hello....Loaded SA's also have drilled adjusable triggers.

Someone may be telling things out of turn at that shop if they said that was a Wilson trigger.

They have a stainless model
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:59:58 PM EDT
[#10]
please check e-mail
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top