Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2005 11:59:46 AM EDT
I saw an article on the CD M5 in American Rifleman.

I've heard of problems with the Phillipine-manufactured CD 1911s, but this model is made by a company in Israel.

CD's website says they ship it with 10-rd mags, but the article tested with 14-rounders.

Does anybody have first hand experience with this?  The article was pretty positive, but I'm a skeptic when it comes to the gun press, although this was the NRA's publication.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:32:04 PM EDT
[#1]
They got really good accuracy out of their gun, (might have been a "ringer", but who knows?), and I am a bit curious if anyone has any experience with this gun too.  Never saw any information on it before, and was a bit suprised when I read that it was manufactured in Israel.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:28:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I know a guy who has one of the earlier editions made in Israel by the former name, I can't remember who. He likes it, has no problems with it. If one doesn't want to pay the extra $$$ for a H&K hi-cap .45acp or similiar, it's probably as good as or better than a Para.

I have not seen the new models by Daly, however.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:58:55 AM EDT
[#3]
One bump to fish for opinions.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:16:16 AM EDT
[#4]
BUL M5
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:49:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
BUL M5

That's correct.  Manufactured by BUL, imported by Charles Daly.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:32:58 PM EDT
[#6]
About 5 years ago ISA was importing them, and they had a 9mm option with 18 round mags (not for US sale at the time).  I wonder if CD is going to bring this one over too?  Sorry, no first hand experience here.

Cheers
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top