Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2005 8:03:45 AM EDT
I just picked up a very useful magazine at a local newstand, CONCEALED CARRY HANDGUNS. Several good articles in there about concealed carry techniques and suggestions for handguns as well. A MUST READ. If you can find it, be ready to spend a few dollars though ($9.95).
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:43:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Whatever happened to the $1.00 magazines and 10 cent comic books???
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:50:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I just picked up a very useful magazine at a local newstand, CONCEALED CARRY HANDGUNS. Several good articles in there about concealed carry techniques and suggestions for handguns as well. A MUST READ. If you can find it, be ready to spend a few dollars though ($9.95).

What's the ist of it?

$10 is another 1911 magazine.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:37:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's the ist of it?

$10 is another 1911 magazine.

Believe it or not, not one 1911 model is featured in the mag. The content of this issue (#31) is directed towards Glocks, Walthers, Berettas, Kahrs, and a few others. Really versatile format. It is hard to justify the price tag though, but from the concealed carry point of view, it was worth it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:46:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I tried the gunrag info route when I got my CCL a few years ago. What I quickly learned is what works for Mike, Joe or Don won't work for Bill, Harry or Larry & vice versa. What's comfortable for group A may not be for Group B, etc.

My .o2
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:31:51 PM EDT
[#5]
It's not a bad gunrag, it has alot of good info concerning CCW.  Last year right before the mag came out they sent me a free one the check out.  I liked the mag but it is just to exspensive.  I'm pretty sure it is like $45 for something like 6 issues.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:34:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I tried the gunrag info route when I got my CCL a few years ago. What I quickly learned is what works for Mike, Joe or Don won't work for Bill, Harry or Larry & vice versa. What's comfortable for group A may not be for Group B, etc.

My .o2

that is the most true statement concerning CCW.  When someone asks "what is the best holster for CCW"  I almost never give my opinon because as you said just because it works for me doesn't mean it will work for you.  It truly is a trial and error thing.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:51:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

that is the most true statement concerning CCW.  When someone asks "what is the best holster for CCW"  I almost never give my opinon because as you said just because it works for me doesn't mean it will work for you.  It truly is a trial and error thing.

I totally agree. I look at the information they they are conveying as a starting point for people who are just starting to carry. I have applied one of the concealment techniques they mentioned in the mag. In one article where they were talking about concealment holsters, one they mentioned was a Gould & Goodrich Model 800 which is similar to the one I use for my G30 (Gould & Goodrich Model 811). The 800 is a belt slide versus the 811 paddle style. My G&G 811 works for me, however, it may not for some others. I was good to know that they are recommending quality products.

For some, the publication will be informative and helpful. For others, it may not be of any benefit at all. Regardless of price, I think it is a good pub.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top