Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2005 1:31:52 PM EDT
Went into my local gun shop today, I was looking around and a guy came in the store with a Glock model 17 that he wanted to put towards another gun. The owner said that he could only give him $380 for it, this gun looked brand spankin new, came with 3 full capacity magazine AND had Trijicon Night sights. He also said the round count was maybe 500 rds. fired.

The owner said that because of LE pricing the resale value on glocks are shit.  How much is it for a glock with LE pricing? Also, he said that cops buy these guns and sell them to their friends....isnt that illegal?

I am in the market for a new Glock 21 and was thinking if it is legal to have an LE agent buy the gun and sell it to me?

Any Arfcom LE agents  in West of Cleveland want to help me out?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:17:02 PM EDT
[#1]
LE pricing is about 380-400 for a glock.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:59:52 PM EDT
[#2]
There's apparently a discount for current and retired military personnel (discussion on the glocktalk board).  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:57:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:45:37 AM EDT
[#4]
gotcha. I think I will just buy a used one and avoid the jail time.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:31:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
LE depts. do not pay federal excise tax on firearms, so if you can convince a department to purchase a handgun for you when they do thier next purchase for thier dept. then go for it, worst case would be a federal tax evasion charge.

Individual LE officer pay the same price as everyone else,

This hasn't been my experience.  I have been in two different dealerships that have LEO pricing on Glocks that is nearly $100 cheaper than non LEO can buy them for (depends on the model).  QUantico Arms is one of them, and the other is over near Upper Marlboro Maryland.

shooter
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:48:01 AM EDT
[#6]
LEO and fireman/EMS can get glocks from a stocking leo dealer for $399 for the standard 9mm/.40/.357sig.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:26:39 AM EDT
[#7]
My understanding is that the LEO price for Glocks ( and there is one) is becuase Glock actually discounts guns it sells to the shop that the shop can document as sold to LEO's.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:34:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Individual LE officer pay the same price as everyone else,

Not if the store participates in Glocks LE purchase program.  For those stores, basic Glocks are $380 for LE plus current and retired military.  The guns are sold as retail units but the store has to send Glock purchase documents to prove they are being sold to qualified individuals under the Glock program.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:06:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Wait wait wait.

So he walks into a gunstore and gets offered significantly less than the value of the gun?  

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:27:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Wait wait wait.

So he walks into a gunstore and gets offered significantly less than the value of the gun?  

Imagine that.  Next, we'll hear that the gunstore in question actually intended to make a profit when he sold it.  LOL.  I actually thought $380 sounded like a pretty high trade value for a used Glock.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:51:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Glock offers LEO discount through their Glock dealers. The gun store has to be on Glock's list as a dealer for you to get the discount.

I bought my 19, 22, and 26 for $375 each with standard sights. I didn't look at the 21 but I'm pretty sure it was priced at $425.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top