Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2005 8:16:03 PM EDT
I'm am planning on getting a glock full size either in 9mm or 40 caliber. My question about the factory night sites that come with the gun. What are my options and/or choices. Which night sites are the best. Can you get fixed night sites or ajustable ones, or do you even have a choice. If they offer 2 or more different types of night sites which one should I get and why. If I can get them fixed or ajustable which one should I get and why. I would like the night sites to be all metal is this possible. The gun will be an all around gun. I suck at adjusting sites to Id rather get fixed. I don't shoot in competitons. I was always told that you should get fixed sites for a service / self defense weapon because they would be more durable. Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:56:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Factory night sights are good.  Mepro's, trijicon.  Good fixed tritium sights.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:56:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Get a set of meprolights.  The front sight is screwed on and not staked on.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:38:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Get a set of meprolights.  The front sight is screwed on and not staked on.

The Trijicon front sight is also held by a screw.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:21:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Ameriglo's are also good. They use Trijicon tritium vials. I personally like their "operator" versions with no white circles on the rear sight.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:50:15 PM EDT
[#5]
IMO, with the Meprolights (on my G30) and Trijicons (on my G21), you can't go wrong. I actually prefer the Mepros because of the color seperation between the front and rear sights.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top