Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2005 6:02:14 AM EDT

so, i've got this pistol here with me that reads. "FI Ind. Washington DC" it's a .380, semi auto, small, thin, blued. Dad says he bought it back in the 70's ( had ammo from that time frame for it too, YIPES!) It's in great condition, shoots ok, doesn't extract sometimes. Does anyone know of these pistols? a price range? interchangable parts?  

thanks a lot, this is also posted in the "other" catagory.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:12:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Well . . . here's what I know . . . .

These neat little autos were also sold by Iver Johnson -- known as the "Pony".  Maybe Gun Parts Corp still has parts for them.  May have been made by "Star" but not sure.  VERY small locked-breech auto.

I had one about 20 years ago and it was 110% reliable with ball ammo -- not so reliable with HP's.  

Saw one about three weeks ago at the local toy show.  Pistol appeared to be in 95% condition with two mags.  Guy was asking $200, but told me he'd take $175 "out the door".  Walked around a little while and went back to look at it again -- it was GONE ! !   So it looks like they carry a value of $175-$200 at this time.

If I ever see another one for $175 I'm gonna snatch it up  ! !

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:52:42 AM EDT
[#2]
bump, waiting for any other experts!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top