Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2005 3:48:34 AM EDT
I bought a NIB SIG Misquito that had 10% misfires, the take down lever is loose and locked up the action when it was not centered perfictly and the decocking lever locked up the trigger. (this only happened once).  I take it back to the dealer two weeks after I bought it and he offers to send it back to SIG for repairs, which is good, Then I asked what if I don't want to keep it. What can you do? He tells me the best he can do is buy it back for $225.00 after it comes back for repairs. This is for a 22 lr pistol with 500 rounds through it for which I just paid him $390.00.

Now I have bought many guns and thinking way back I remember buying a used Lama 22 lr that went full auto on me, The dealer offered me the full price I paid towards any other gun in the store. I also remember buying a POS RG revolver NIB that had an out of spec crain and again the dealer took it back and gave a full in store credit.  Was I just lucky before or am I being ripped a new one now?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:52:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you contacted SIG and given them the opprotunity to make things right?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:04:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes. the pistol was shipped back yesterday. However, I feel that when SIG markets a pistol that has three types of malfunction. They allready made it too wrong to make it right. I own several SIGs and may buy others but I will not keep the Misquito. You would have to handle and shoot it to see how poorly made it is. Do you think the Dealer was being fair?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:06:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, it's a manufacturer defect so the dealer is not responsible for the problem other then to possibly help you send it back. Maybe SIG has a different return policy on their firearms then the other companies you mentioned. Thus, the store cannot return it for a refund. Since it is a used gun now I doubt they will be very generous on a known troublesome gun. Hopefully SIG will make it right for you but it does leave a bitter taste in your mouth. I doubt if I would fault the dealer all that much, as he should not have to pay out of pocket for crappy gun manufacturer defects. Now, if you buy a lot of stuff there, the dealer has to weigh losing you as a customer, against any loss he would incur. Sometimes they will eat a bit to keep a good customer. If you do a lot of biz with them remind them of that.................and see what happens.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top