Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2005 6:05:33 AM EDT
Ghost trigger stop

Those who shoot Glocks may or may not know that you can shorten the trigger pull after you fire by only releasing the trigger a short distance to the first "click" after each round is fired.  This shortens trigger movement and reduces the travel of the trigger to fire the next round.  When I shoot my glock I prefer to use this "method."  

I found this Ghost trigger stop that supposedly sets the trigger in this same manner after each trigger pull.  I'm wondering if anyone has installed on eof these devices and how well it really works.  Has the device caused any FTF or misfore issues?  Thanks for any input you can offer.

Chris
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:47:20 PM EDT
[#1]
This has been said and repeated countless times.  Glocks work best stock.  If the gun is going to be used for self defense, don't touch it.  No trigger connectors, no aftermarket guide rods, not even a grip plug.  Night sights are the only thing you should add.  Even with a stock triger, the reset distance will be beter on a glock than any DA/SA handgun.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:45:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I think I just needed to hear someone say that.  Sounds like good common sense to me.  I did order 2 grip plugs for shits and grins.  They seem like a harmless add on to me.  I will be steering clear of the spring "thingy" that shortens trigger pull however.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:24:08 PM EDT
[#3]
here is the deal with grip plugs.  A lot of people say that it's a needless opening for crap to get into.  Trust me, if your gun gets really full of junk, that opening is where dirt and sand fall out when they shake loose from the internals.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:48:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:55:06 PM EDT
[#5]
indeed, a buttstock can also go in there, but i stand by my prior statement that plugging it is unneccecary and possibly detrimental in really crappy conditions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top