Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2005 8:48:00 AM EDT
Anyone have one?
If so have you had any feed problems from the mag?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:54:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a 9VE and with over 5,00 rounds I never had a single failure
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:07:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 3000 rounds through my 40VE with no problems at all!  Are you using factory mags?  Are they used?  You may need to replace the spring if you got a bad one.

I have 5 mags some 10 rounders and some 15 rounders with no problems.  Hope this helps!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:44:49 AM EDT
[#3]
It is not mine it is a friends.
Yes they are the new 14 rounders that came with the pistol.
S&W sent him two 10 round replacements, but he is wondering if anyone else had the problem and fixed it.
I don't think it is a spring issue, but I could be wrong.
It is like the rounds are trying to come up instead of forward. Almost like the bent over pieces of metal are out of shape.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:28:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I've also got a SW40VE, which are pretty much identical.  I've had a few failures to feed, but nothing huge... just flick down the slide stop and the last round (it was always on the last round in the mag) slams home like it should.

This has never, I should mention, happened with the 14-rounder I ordered, only with the 10-rounders that came with it.  Even then, it's stopped doing it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:43:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It is not mine it is a friends.
Yes they are the new 14 rounders that came with the pistol.
S&W sent him two 10 round replacements, but he is wondering if anyone else had the problem and fixed it.
I don't think it is a spring issue, but I could be wrong.
It is like the rounds are trying to come up instead of forward. Almost like the bent over pieces of metal are out of shape.

Do you mean the mags when you say bent over pieces?  You can compare the 10 rounders to the 14 rounders to see if they are different.  Also check the follower in the mags for differences.  If there is some in the follower you should beable to take the 10 round follower and put in the 14 round mag.  Also clean the mags and check for rough spots (lightly sand if necessary) then assemble them with some gun oil to keep them moveing smoothly.

Does it happen with both 14 rounders?  Note:  S&W mags are very high quality and most don't have any issues at all.

Last suggestion is post this question at  smith-wessonforum.com/eve because I have not had anyone over there post any problems.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:08:54 PM EDT
[#6]
this pistol was actually my first one besides a hard trigger pull i really like it, ive never had any problems and cheap as hell.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:47:28 PM EDT
[#7]
CALL A SPADE A SPADE! SIGMA=SMEGMA by anyother name smells as bad and is a total pos.i had an original smegma back in the mid-late 90s.besides a progresivly harder and harder trigger pull i had 2 not one but 2 AD!MOST DANGEROUS GUN IN THE WORLD IS ONE THAT HAS SUCH A HARD TRIGGER YOUR FORARM GUTS TOO TO POPERLY USE,
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:13:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
CALL A SPADE A SPADE! SIGMA=SMEGMA by anyother name smells as bad and is a total pos.i had an original smegma back in the mid-late 90s.besides a progresivly harder and harder trigger pull i had 2 not one but 2 AD!MOST DANGEROUS GUN IN THE WORLD IS ONE THAT HAS SUCH A HARD TRIGGER YOUR FORARM GUTS TOO TO POPERLY USE,

I suggest you try shooting a new one or broken in one!  Lot has changed for the better!
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:14:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Can't... decipher ...bad... spelling... and... bad... grammar...... Argh....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top