Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2005 10:44:47 AM EDT
I have a beretta 92 that is a safe queen. It says made in Italy on the slide, if that makes a difference in pricing, still has the orignal case and the original stainless 15 rounder that came with it plus a few 10 rounders and one or two more factory 15's. It also has factory installed trijicons on it and has not been shot a lot with MAYBE 1000 rounds through it. I also installed hogue wrap around grips on it not to long ago, but I still have the orignal plastic grips too. I am thinking maybe a glock 22 plus other stuff but would like to know what the value of this beretta would be as a trade in or private sale. Any help?

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:01:35 AM EDT
[#1]
probably in the $400 range for a private sale and $350 for a trade in
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:24:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
probably in the $400 range for a private sale and $350 for a trade in

Really? That's all huh? I figured a little more at least. Oh well.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:52:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Trade ins are tough. About $ 250.00 to $300.00 less than a new one in the shop you are at.
Kind of depends how fast the dealer thinks he can resell it.
I agree with $400.00 on privite sale.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:47:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I say a bit more on the eye-talian model. SS, eye-talian should easily draw $500 in a private sale, IMO. Especially now that hi-caps are cheap again.

I've had guys tell me the eye-talian models are worth up to $100 over the US made ones in value. Of course, it's only worth that if they can bring it on a sale.    

Personally, I'd take the 92 over a Glock any day of the week.

My .o2
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:34:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I would bet good money that it is worth at least $600.  Go to your local large gun store and look in up in their book section.  Many libraries amazingly have a blue book.  You can also go on their web site at Blue Book .com or some thing like that.  Factory installed Trijacons make it worth more than a regular.  If it is not shot or few rounds, I would sell if full price.  Many people are willing to pay good $ to buy non-dealer stuff with no paperwork.  Not because of a criminal record, but because of confiscation worries.  By the way, if the Beretta had a rail, I would also take it over a Glock.  Beretta is a great gun!  I love mine!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:49:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Let us know how you make out.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:21:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:04:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:10:52 AM EDT
[#9]
The stainless Berettas are a beauty of form and function. I wonder why no other manufacturer's stainless finish looks as good as Beretta's?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:29:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Here's how most gun stores figure trade value for anything that will sell for less than $1000.  They figure out what they realisticly think they can sell it for and divide that number in half.  Guns over $1000, they just offer $500 less than they think it will sell for.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:13:07 PM EDT
[#11]
How about buying some Hi cap mags and keeping that thing of art.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:31:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Your Beretta is an exceptionally nice auto pistol.  If your going to trade, trade up not down.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:28:30 PM EDT
[#13]
man go to the book store .they have several gunlists type guns that with give you hi/low and intermediate prices.ex: a blue 92fs in mint like new can bring 400 bucks brand new they run 525 all day long a beater will bring 300-350.add 75 buck for ss.I TALIAN OR EVEN AN EYETALIAN IS only worth a bit more to a buyer that thinks thats important and very few do.
600 dollers?forget it!that brand new virgin range!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:17:39 PM EDT
[#14]
That's a very sweet looking pistol, I'm thinking that your best bet (assuming you're not in a rush) is to post it up on the EE and search the EE, and see if you can find someone who has what you're looking for and do a private trade.  You'd probably both end up making out, not having to do a trade-in to a dealer and avoid paying their profit.  

P.S. I'm not against dealers making money, just that if two people have already bought an item, no reason for them to lose out again if they want to trade their item for something of similar value.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:24:35 AM EDT
[#15]
You should be able to get $450 to 500 if you hold out for the right buyer.  An even trade across for a G22 should be easy to do, though if it were me, I wouldn't do it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top