Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2005 6:21:36 PM EDT
what is the difference between all of the models.

micro (obvious difference)
standard
camper
target
master hunter
hunter

??????
any pros or cons to each of these...............

also.....

Buckmark vs. Ruger marks?????
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:49:57 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/category.asp?value=006B

Read away..
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:25:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the standard model, great pistol with a great trigger thats just a joy to shoot. No problems with it after about seven years of owning it, just clean it ever couple of hundred rounds and you will be fine.  I have no personal experience with the other models but i'm sure whichever one you pick will work out great for you.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:08:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd say get the Target 5.5.  I have one.  It is a very nice pistol for the money.  Ditch the sight hoods and you will be left with very nice, adjustable sights.  The top rail allows for mounting a red dot sight, mine is a Tasco PDP-2 sight, which came with its own set of rings.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:13:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the camper model.  Just a nice plain jane 22 auto.  It does have target sights, just not the hooded ones.  It was quite a bit cheaper than some of the other models with the wood grips.  It does everything I want it to do. Never had any problems.  I like it better than Rugers 22.  Fits better in my hand.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:27:47 AM EDT
[#5]
What ya using it for.?  I have the standard model and it works great. Would get the target for target or if ya know ya want to scope or red dot it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:06:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Another vote for the camper model.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:41:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I would opt for the standard over the camper.    The camper has a plastic sight base, which has been reported to crack.     And the rear sight does not fit the aluminum sight base (as found on all the other models).   So, if you have issues with it, and want to "upgrade", you'll be stuck replacing the sight assembly too, which will cost way more than the price difference between the camper and the standard.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:08:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'd say get the Target 5.5.  I have one.  It is a very nice pistol for the money.  Ditch the sight hoods and you will be left with very nice, adjustable sights.  The top rail allows for mounting a red dot sight, mine is a Tasco PDP-2 sight, which came with its own set of rings.  

+1

I have one too, and it's a phenomenal pistol.  Money well spent.

rich
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:47:06 PM EDT
[#10]
+1 Camper

The heavy barrel gives it almost zero recoil....

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:50:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
+1 Camper

i14.photobucket.com/albums/a315/Ujak/DSCF0177.jpg

Sweet setup.  Just picked up a Buckmark Micro. No wood grips. Got some nice rubber ones on it.  Can't wait to try it out.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:07:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:04:52 AM EDT
[#13]
is there a magic barrel lenth for accuracy on the buckmark??

also......is it a better all around gun than the ruger markII or III????

thanks fellas .
matt
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:11:03 AM EDT
[#14]
I had the standard model and then fitted a tacsol barrel.  I did a trigger job and have used various sights over the years,  It is one of my most-used .22s, easy to stuff in a pack or pocket and go anywhere.  Better ergonomics than a Ruger.  I plan to shorten the factory barrel some more and rethread for suppressor, the barrel is changed really easily.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:29:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
+1 Camper

i14.photobucket.com/albums/a315/Ujak/DSCF0177.jpg

Has Browning dropped the "field" model?  It used to look like the Target 5.5  but without the sight shrouds....or like the camper.

R
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:01:19 PM EDT
[#16]
they still have it......it's on the browning site anyway.

that buck mark plus nickel    looks awesome to me.
may be my first handgun purchase.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top