Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2005 8:02:05 AM EDT
I have a new S&W 908. I can't seem to find many holsters for this model. What other S&W autos have the same or similar dimensions? I will only be carrying at the range, so I don't want to spend alot on this particular item. I do need positive retention, though; maybe a strap, but no "thumbreak" stuff. And no Kydex, either. Maybe a yaqui slide?

I have found lots of stuff that looks like it would be okay, but not for the 908. Maybe the 908 is not popular enough to list, or is it just so similar to other models that it wouldn't be listed?

Any help would be appreciated.

Tim
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:11:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Maybe the 908 is not popular enough to list, or is it just so similar to other models that it wouldn't be listed?

No, this model wasn't ever very popular as it was & continues to be an "entry level" model. The other S&W models that are single stack 9mm's should fit it though, IMO.

Try the usual suspects: Bianchi, Galco, maybe Kramer?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:15:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:43:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Lets see!

39, 39-2, 439, 539, 639, 59, 459, 559, 659, 3913, 3914 and some 69xx  series guns by S&W!

Take a look at www.highnoonholsters.com for very good leather models.  I have the Mr Softy for one of my guns.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:20:26 AM EDT
[#4]
IIRC the 908 is the bargain priced 4" single stack auto.  if so, any S&W 4" model should be close, as mentioned the 39 and 59 series.  
it might be different enough that a real tight custom holster might not fit the slide contour.  there are a few decent adjustables out there.  safariland makes a concealable belt holster that you can adjust.  
personally, i would talk to someone who really knows their business like milt sparks, or in other words where someone other than a receptionist answers the phone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top