Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2005 1:37:34 PM EDT
Where can I find that pistol target that describes what you are doing wrong (jerking trigger, gripping to tightly, anticipating recoil, etc)?

If anyone has that and can upload it, I'd appreciate it.

I bought a new Glock 17 and it seems as though I'm shooting about an inch to the left at 7 yards.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:45:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of it, but hopefully someone has. I wouldn't getting some, a friend of mine is shooting left with his Beretta and we are having a hard time finding out why.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:46:58 PM EDT
[#2]

NRA basic handgun shooter book has a similar target.
Check at the NRA website for this book.
DadyDett
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:52:31 PM EDT
[#3]
www.ammoman.com/targets/

towards the bottom of the page
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:57:13 PM EDT
[#4]
This one.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:13:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Too little trigger finger???
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:29:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Too little trigger finger???

Yep use the middle of the pad on trigger finger, to little means just using the tip of your trigger finger. Try it as you will see the difference., even when you dry fire.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:28:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm not sure if I was doing that but next time I go to the range I'll keep that in mind.

By the way, how would you adjust the rear sight of a Glock anyway?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:00:03 PM EDT
[#8]
That diagnostic target is designed primarily for right hand one handed shooting. If you're using a two handed stance, check to be sure you're not pulling or pushing too much with the off hand. If you're left handed, reverse the target. It's good and it works.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:45:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Tag

Very interesting.

Seydou
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:48:07 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'm not sure if I was doing that but next time I go to the range I'll keep that in mind.

By the way, how would you adjust the rear sight of a Glock anyway?

non adjustable type, use a drift punch and hammer
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:42:22 AM EDT
[#11]
  Me and my youngest boy went to the range yesterday and I used some of those targets. Some people might think they are stupid but my son drasticaly and I mean drasticaly improved by the end of the session. I have worked and worked with him this year and for some reason he just could not get it. Well about 300rds of .22 and about 50rds through my 10mm and about 16rds through my .45 and he was realy improving. I think those targets are great. They helped me a bit also. I think most guys just do not like the idea of admitting they can improve. Any way I love those targets I think they are helpful. Next time I am taking my 92 and have him shoot it. I would have taken it this time but had to test the .45 and the 10mm and did not want to clean 4 pistols.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top