Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2005 9:28:49 AM EDT
Can someone please post a link that has information on how to completely disassemble a glock pistol?  

Normally I just field strip and clean, but I want to go ahead and disassemble a little further to make sure everything is clean and lubed.

also, does anyone here use mili-tech to lubricate their glock/s?  I have been playing with this stuff and it seems awesome.  I am thinking that I may start using it to lubricate all of my firearms after I clean them with the standard stuff.  If I do use it, should I leave a really thin coat of CLP on first and then put the mili-tech, or do I need to make sure that everything is bone dry after I am done cleaning before applying the MT?  

Does mili-tech provide protection against rust as well?  Or does it just lubricate?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:24:34 AM EDT
[#1]
There's a Glock Armorers Manual on Bighammer that goes into the internals.  IMHO, you don't need to do any more than field strip, clean and lube where indicated in the manual.  Ever.  Glock's are designed to be low maintaince.  I doubt if even the type of lube makes a difference, as long as it's a machine oil of some type.  Personally, I use a couple of drops of CLP and load back up.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:46:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I took the Glock Armorer's course at Frontsight last year.
It was well worth it!

Hopefully you can access the link given above.

I just wanted to warn you though...if you succeed in tearing down your Glock beyond simple slide removal,
BE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT PARTS FLYING THROUGH THE AIR!

Especially when you are tearing down the slide!

Work inside a large cardboard box or a room that has little or no places where very small springs, pins, etc. can hide.
Carpet is one of your worst enemies!

Once you learn how to take your Glock down a good ways, you can change parts to 'customize' your gun.
Changing springs for strength, slide release levers, etc.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:50:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Our very own DVDTracker made an excellent video of a Glock detail strip.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:19:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Can someone please post a link that has information on how to completely disassemble a glock pistol?  

Normally I just field strip and clean, but I want to go ahead and disassemble a little further to make sure everything is clean and lubed.

also, does anyone here use mili-tech to lubricate their glock/s?  I have been playing with this stuff and it seems awesome.  I am thinking that I may start using it to lubricate all of my firearms after I clean them with the standard stuff.  If I do use it, should I leave a really thin coat of CLP on first and then put the mili-tech, or do I need to make sure that everything is bone dry after I am done cleaning before applying the MT?  

Does mili-tech provide protection against rust as well?  Or does it just lubricate?

I haven't started using it yet on mine, but I plan to the next time I go to the range. Great stuff.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:12:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
There's a Glock Armorers Manual on Bighammer that goes into the internals.

This requires a login/password to access. I looked around, and couldn't find a way to register...?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:51:03 AM EDT
[#6]
http://glockmeister.com/trigger.shtml

This site probably has the info you need.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:28:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Send me a e-mail to [email protected]  I'll send you  the whole "glock armorer " book  on PDF  format.
You can save  my e-mail or save on  disk, the   file size is 6.58MB.

TG

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:37:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This requires a login/password to access. I looked around, and couldn't find a way to register...?

It's at the top of the page.   username "manuals" password "chipin".
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:40:36 AM EDT
[#9]
tag
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:56:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:19:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's at the top of the page.   username "manuals" password "chipin".

Thank ya, sir! (how I failed to see THAT is a complete mystery  me--><--me)

Btw: DVDtracker's video is pretty good, as well.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:04:23 AM EDT
[#12]
tagged
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:07:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Glocks are the easiest pistol I have ever disassembled. No brainer after the first time you do it
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:54:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet but make sure the gun is empty and make sure that the trigger has been depressed or the slide WILL NOT come off.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:14:57 PM EDT
[#15]
I always thought Glock owners just waited for it to explode in their hands to break it down and clean it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top