Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2005 3:34:13 AM EDT
I am trying to determine the best auto for concealed carry during the summer months. During the winter, I can get away with carrying my Kimber TLE/RL II fullsize,but during the summer, I'm at a bit of a loss. I carried a Glock fullsize for a while,but it was entirely too big. I've been carrying my Sig P226/229,depending on my attire, but they're too large,as well. I usually try to keep my pistol in an inside pants hip or kidney position, but the butt of all these stick out too far from a T-shirt, especially when I lean over. Keeping shorts and T-shirt in mind, I would love any tried and proven suggestions on a summer carry pistol/carrying configuration for my current pistol. Thanks in advance for any info.

PS. I also have a Springfield Ultra Compact, but it's having some technical difficulties. My preferred manufacturers are Sig, Springfield, Kimber, HK, and to a lesser extent, Glock and Walther. I prefer models in .40 S&W/.45 ACP. Again, thanks for any suggestions.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:44:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Send your SA back to the mfr for repair.   They have great warranty service.   Then go shoot the hell out of it and when your satisfied with it's operation you'll have your CCW piece.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:41:02 AM EDT
[#2]
lol.good suggestion.i was thinking about that too,but was also looking to expand my horizons a bit. thanks for the advice though,it's definitely my choice as well.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:54:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I know many will scoff at me but during the summer I carry a FEG PA63. It is light and fairly compact and fires the 9mm makarov round. Best of all they are cheap.. very cheap, you can easily find them for less than 150 bucks. Mine has been very reliable and quite handy, It is very similiar to a makarov but with an alloy frame (no rust problems!) The double action pull sucks but the single is acceptable, both are fine for a short range defensive weapon.
During the colder months I carry a BHP.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:59:34 AM EDT
[#4]
perhaps a Glock sub compact. I carry my Taurus PT140 all summer lomng , with shorts and t shirts too.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:16:49 AM EDT
[#5]
The best Auto for concealed carry is the Cooper Mini...the Toyota is just too big and bulky...
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:18:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The best Auto for concealed carry is the Cooper Mini...the Toyota is just too big and bulky...

LOL.

But seriously, folks, the best auto for concealed carry is a Kahr. Ba dum dum.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:09:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Glock 30--not as slim as a 1911, but compact nevertheless

commander sized 1911 (SW 1911sc/pd, SA champion, kimber CPD)

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:26:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The best Auto for concealed carry is the Cooper Mini...the Toyota is just too big and bulky...hr

LOL.

But seriously, folks, the best auto for concealed carry is a Kahr. Ba dum dum.

+1  Kahr also has a .45 now.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:44:22 PM EDT
[#9]
for some reason or other,i just can't get into a kahr.handled a few,checked out the triggers,etc,just don't strike me as comfortable,etc.kinda sucks,cause it would be a nice choice,but not much i can do about it,really.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:04:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I vote for the Glock 19 or 30
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:26:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Another +1 for Glock 30. My carry weapon for the last year. I use a Bianchi pro 100 IWB ususally in the front. Its very easy to conceal with shorts and a tee and I like the 10 rd capasity.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:09:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Started with a 92F, then to a UPS45 and will be moving to a Colt Defender by month end!  All shldr rigs.

GTD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top