Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2005 5:50:25 PM EDT
There wouldn't be any moving, so basically just a quick draw hip holster with no retention system.

I was looking at blackhawk's carbon fiber CQC holsters w/o the retention clips.

Anything else I should look at? Seems everyother post is about CCW holsters, but nothing really related to competition shooting.

It'd be right handed for a Sig P229.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:06:15 PM EDT
[#1]
www.comp-tac.com  If you have any Q's, they will be glad to help.  If they don't have what you need, they can point you in the right direction.  good luck
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:29:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you speaking of speed holsters for IPSC Unlimited class or IDPA or IPSC Limited or 3 Gun or what?

Each classification has its own set of rules. Aside from the Unlimited class, I would think the Fobus paddle or belt would work as well for you as it does for me?

Unlimited is a whole different ballgame. Safariland would be a good place to start looking, maybe check for links from an IPSC site?

Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:34:32 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a pretty relaxed competiton. No rules that I'm aware of regarding holsters. It's for speed steel. Some people don't even use holsters, but I'd like the practice of drawing from a holster with a DA first shot when time matters.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:45:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It's a pretty relaxed competiton. No rules that I'm aware of regarding holsters. It's for speed steel. Some people don't even use holsters, but I'd like the practice of drawing from a holster with a DA first shot when time matters.

You can never go wrong with Blade-Tech.  If you ever get into IDPA or Limited class USPSA, you'll be glad you didn't get one of the true speed holsters.  The Blade-Tech, like the Comp-Tac is fast, rugged and durable.  I'm only partial to the BT because I've never used CT, but I hear they are on the same level.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top