Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2005 3:11:16 PM EDT
A friend of mine is interested in finding a spare mag. for his 7.62 Saicom Chinese handgun.
Any info on these?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:45:07 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:27:50 PM EDT
[#2]
7.62mm and Chinese probably means Tokarev.  Does it look something like this?  If so, CDNN has them in stock.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:55:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm going off hearesay right now I have yet to see it,
Thanks for the info I'll post pics if I can.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:39:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it "Chicom," a shortening of "Chinese Communist?"
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:39:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it "Chicom," a shortening of "Chinese Communist?"

Yes, though usually I've seen it "ChiCom"...with the 2nd "c" capitalized.  "Sino..." is another word you see in relation to Chinese stuff, as in a Sino-Soviet SKS, ie an early Type 56 SKS built by the Chinese using Soviet (Russian) parts in the mid-late '50s.

The ChiCom Tokarev in 7.62x25 should be able to use any standard Tokarev mag if it's a single stack model.  There were some double stack 15rnd ones made by Norinco for the commercial market.  If it was a 9mm model then things get tricky.  Chinese 9mm Tokarevs come in two flavors, narrow mag & wide mag.  Not sure if they made any 9mm double stack models.
Yugo Tokarev mags are 9 shot since their version had a longer grip.  Not sure if the Yugo mags will fit a standard Tok, if they will they'd stick out the bottom a bit.

<eta>  Upon further thought I think the double stack Chinese Tokarevs were 9mm instead of 7.62x25.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:55:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks a bunch guys.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:45:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I got 5 for $25 somewhere a few months ago, but can't remember where. Try searching the web.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top