Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2005 6:48:17 AM EDT
I was thinking of getting one of the Navy seal overrun 226 guns, the ones with the stainless slide that's phosphate coded.

Does anyone have any opinions on these guns?  Should I just get a regular Sig 226ST?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:26:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Well what is the price Dif? What is the Dif in the pistols except for the coating? I am one of those guys that does not like to pay more unless there is a clear perfomance advantage.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:58:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Basically the same price +/- $25 or so.

The 226N has the cool anchor mark on the slide and comes with the ability to say this is the same gun used by the Navy Seals.

The phosphate coating is supposed to be more weather resistant than naked stainless.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:59:48 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a nice pistol.  

If you are gonna wear it concealed where there is concern for perspiration or live in or near a maritime environment, cool.

Otherwise, it's just another variant.  

ETA:  I passed on one in lieu of a very, very nice CPO 226 with night sights.  $800 vs. $525.... you do the math
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top