Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2005 5:29:19 PM EDT
Hi all,

I own a nickel '70's era Colt Combat Commander.  It is basically bone stock and in pretty good shape.

I like it but I don't love it.  The sights suck and "beavertail" cuts the hell out of ya.  

I've been considering trading it for a Glock 20 or 21.  I have tons of small CCW style pistols and have been wanting something full-size for winter carry.  I KNOW that I ought to kep it and save for the Glock, but I really don't have the resources to maintain any "safe queens" right now.  Being a single breadwinner and having a wife and two kids will do that to a man.

Am I nuts?  Whats the going trade for a stock '70's era Colt Combat Commander?  

BTW, this isn't an offer.  I'm just curious as to you guys reaction to the idea.

Disconnector
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:32:03 PM EDT
[#1]
If you don't love it, try something new.  That's what I've always done.

If you do decide to do this, let me know, Green G20 here.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:54:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think you're crazy, life is short--get what makes you happy, try new things.
You were pretty vague on the condition, but realize that Colts, especially series 70's command a premium most of the time. Whether its justified I will not comment. Remember to that variables like original box and papers mean alot to some people. I would think you could  get a new Glock 20 or 21 plus a few bucks or a few accessories for it.
My 2 cents
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:03:58 PM EDT
[#3]

That's the best carry and duty pistol of all time. Update it with new sights and an extended grip safety and you will be happy today and tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:22:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:32:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I had the same gun. If I could have back two of the guns that I had in the past it would be my nickel Combat Commander. And my Colt Commando Special. But am very happy and would not trade the G17, and G19 for them.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:34:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I traded a series 70 (blued) Commander for a Glock 21 and couldn't be happier  Simple reliable fast and green.  I would sell the Colt out right as there are people who will payu a primium for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top