Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2005 6:55:53 PM EDT
My first pistol is en route.

Was supposed to be here today, but wasn't. I'm going nuts.

Bought a Sig P229 in .40S&W

Been saving up my pennies as a poor college student for 6 months. Guess I can wait another day, but DANG its hard
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:09:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats on your first purchase.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:42:32 PM EDT
[#2]
GOOD CHOICE!!

Just wait til you start getting guns customized that requires shop time.  Talk about drive you crazy....
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:20:05 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Just wait til you start getting guns customized that requires shop time.  Talk about drive you crazy....

A-Men.  I have been waiting 5 months for my 1st custom pistol.  It will be here tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:11:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:18:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Congrats on popping your cherry. I see many more firearm purchases in your future. Not to mention the holsters, mags, ammo, cleaning kits, peltors, etc.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:40:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A-Men.  I have been waiting 5 months for my 1st custom pistol.  It will be here tomorrow.

5 months? I waited 22 months for one 1911. I have been waiting three years (so far) for another. And I am on two other wait lists (three years and five)...

[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:03:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Congrats... I've got a 229 in .40.  Most pistols you buy after that one may be disappointments.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:52:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Congrats on popping your cherry. I see many more firearm purchases in your future. Not to mention the holsters, mags, ammo, cleaning kits, peltors, etc.

Firearms in general have been nothing new I've been a victim of BRD for the past year and a half.

Figured I needed a pistol, and I knew I could only afford to buy one at this time in my life, so I bought the model that suited my best, and ended up with a Sig.

It arrived today.. now I just have to pick it up.

And yes it was a long day... in fact a horrid day at work... never wanted to quit so bad in my life... it's one thing to do the job that no one else wants to do for 8$ an hour.... but it's another thing to be segregated and isolated, where your co-workers are told not to help that person in any way because they are the lowest paid employee.

Frustrated beyond beleif.... hope this sig makes me cheer up.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:48:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

5 months? I waited 22 months for one 1911. I have been waiting three years (so far) for another. And I am on two other wait lists (three years and five)...

[email protected]

Wow.  I feel better now.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:13:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
And yes it was a long day... in fact a horrid day at work... never wanted to quit so bad in my life... it's one thing to do the job that no one else wants to do for 8$ an hour.... but it's another thing to be segregated and isolated, where your co-workers are told not to help that person in any way because they are the lowest paid employee.

Man, sorry to hear about the crappy job.  Been there, done that.  Hope you find something better soon.  Have one on me
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:57:49 PM EDT
[#11]
congrats man,  i love my 229
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:21:06 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Firearms in general have been nothing new I've been a victim of BRD for the past year and a half.

Figured I needed a pistol, and I knew I could only afford to buy one at this time in my life, so I bought the model that suited my best, and ended up with a Sig.

Where do you go to school at?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:08:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where do you go to school at?

I go to OSU.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:55:40 PM EDT
[#14]
need mags and ammo too!

congrats!
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:25:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Good choice, I love mine. I was real disappointed when I shot it rested on sandbags at 25 yars, the groupins were like a foot in diameter! But then, when I shot it standing/unsupported, they shrunk to all in the black (like 5 or 6 inches). Go figure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top