Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2005 3:01:17 PM EDT
I want to build a list (data base) and need some help from the gun community. As you may know, Crimson Trace LaserGrips have a laser diode integrated into the grip. This means that Laser grips fit well in some holsters and not so well in others. I would like to know what Lasergrip’d guns fit in what holster and what does not (to assist costumers who may call in) Anyone willing to share what works and what does not?

It can be CCW and Police Duty holsters. What fits is as important at what does not. I'll post the list on CTC website when done.

Thanks for your help.  SDnR

[email protected]

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:53:52 PM EDT
[#1]
S&W 642 Airweight with CTC grips (the new rubber ones) -
Don Hume JIT...the laser 'bump' stops just at the top of the leather.  The fit is real good.
Ken Null SKR...had to shave just a tiny bit of plastic off to accomodate the bump.  Otherwise, no problems.
GALCO SUM158, IWB...bump fits inside the top of the leather, but does not change the fit appreciably.
GALCO SM1583, belt slide...same as above - leather spreads just a tiny bit to accomodate the bump, but fit is still strong.
Uncle Mike's pocket holster...no problems with fit.
Uncle Mike's ankle holster...no problems with fit.
PagerPal...no problem
SmartCarry...no problem

Ruger SP101 2" barrel w/CTC hard plastic grips-
GALCO SCT118...slight spread at mouth but fit is fine.
DeSantis 002 22...slight spread at mouth but fit is fine.
PagerPal...no problem
SmartCarry...no problem
Bianchi Accumold Snap-on Belt Slide...slight spread at mouth but fit is fine.

Those are the holsters I have and the only ones I've tried.
Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:17:19 AM EDT
[#2]
That is a huge help.  Thanks for the detail.  anyone else?  
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:54:47 PM EDT
[#3]
The M9 I had with your product worked great with my issued holster.  That would be a Marine issued M9.  Your product worked well for me in fact I bought a new M9 Beretta with the factory installed CTC molded grip.

I love it and also use it to practice dry firing so I can see if my point of aim is off.  Also the Insurgents did not like the laser on their chest.

Max
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:23:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Max, Thank you for you service and your assistance with this.   I am assuming you have the Bianchi UM-12 universal Holster with the flap?  

http://images.outdoorinteractive.net/mgen/487572_d.jpg?is=300,300,0xffffff&cvt=jpg
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:03:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Correct.  But halfway through the deployment I used a CQB drop holster and again it worked with no problems.

Your stuff is good to go.  My only complaint is the battery life, but I know you don't make those.

Max
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:35:33 PM EDT
[#6]
605ss
Uncle Mikes iwb
Smart cary

Both work for me.

Then again I'm looking for a different IWB for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top