Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 10:24:04 PM EDT
I saw some for sale on gunbroker and I must say its one of the most handsome pistols I've seen. Apperntly they come in 9mm and .40, and have like three trigger setttings? Can anyone explain? Are these the side arms used by Korea military? Are they safe? Good looking guns for under $400, hi-caps avalible?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:14:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I do not know much about them but they were very popular it seemed like for a while around the 94-96 time period. I saw a lot of them at shows and always heard good stuff. What would slow me down on them is finding mags. I worked in South Korea for a while with some mechs and they seemed to be on the ball. I would buy stuff from South Korea.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:23:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:15:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I had an early one, when kimber was the importer, and it was very well made and machined, functioned flawlessly and was reasonably accurate. The trigger system was the interesting part, I think they called it "tri-action" or something like that. Someone else wanted it worse than I did, and I traded it off. The early 40's had some serious accuracy issues that they had to work out, I believe.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:10:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Daewoo DP51, 9mm.  Have had it for about 6 years, love it.  It is very smooth and feels great in my hands.  No problems at all for me.  It is modeled after the Smith and Wesson 9mm.  Therefore you can use the 9mm mags in this with no issues.  I have Daewoo mags, S&W mags, and Mec-Gar mags I believe they are called. I would have to go home and look at them again to be certain.

Smooth trigger, fires everytime, great gun.  I also have a laser on it and it wiggles loose every once in a while so I just put Loctite Blue on it and just need to shoot more to see how it holds up.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:26:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Magazines should become available again, but I think S&W 9MM mags fit, adding 2 rounds.
It has been a while, but as I recall when cocked, you can push the hammer forward to what looks like an un-cocked position but it will still fire.
They hit the market around when the ban took effect, bad timing for the "normal" capacity magazines, possibly damaging sales somewhat.
I never even fired one myself, but a friend has had one since the early '90s with no mention of any problems.
I think Daewoo rifles (using M-16 mags) are used by ROK troops, perhaps even the pistols are too.

When I was in Korea in the 90s I saw ROK troops with the Daewoo rifle but I do not know about the pistol. It would make sense though. I would love to have one of the Daewoo rifles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top