Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2021 8:06:36 PM EDT
I have a M&P22. It ejects fine when fired normally, but if i use my thumb to prevent the slide from moving, then after when i rack the slide, it fails to extract. Is it normal for 22lr to not be able to extract after the fact like this?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:12:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Why would you doing that to the slide ? No its not normal, but your not using pistol like intended. Not pistols fault
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:16:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Probably due to lack of slide velocity and the case head staying tight to the breech face.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why would you doing that to the slide ? No its not normal, but your not using pistol like intended. Not pistols fault
View Quote

He's probably doing it for quieter suppressed shots. It's the same as a slide lock and not out of the ordinary.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:52:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Probably due to lack of slide velocity and the case head staying tight to the breech face.

He's probably doing it for quieter suppressed shots. It's the same as a slide lock and not out of the ordinary.
View Quote

Exactly this.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:56:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Part of the extraction problem is the cartridge starting to move backwards into the slide and the extractor after pressure drops after firing.  This pushes the case head out so the extractor can get a good grab on its rim.  You are circumventing this process thus causing it to not work as intended.
View Quote

Thanks for explaining that. Is this true of all 22 LR hosts?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:23:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:29:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Bolt action 22 lr hosts don't seem to have a problem extracting a case long after the pressure has dropped though..
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:02:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Bolt action 22 lr hosts don't seem to have a problem extracting a case long after the pressure has dropped though..
View Quote

Bolt action rifles don't use a blowback design either. Two completely different designs altogether.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:28:12 PM EDT
[#9]
If the extractor is correctly fitted then it’ll grab the rim even if the round doesn’t fire and pull it from the chamber.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top