Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2021 1:09:04 AM EDT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxc4nJHpLHQ

Yes, he violated the four rules of gun safety. Yes, he is an idiot. Let's just discuss the actual malfunction that leads to the negligent discharge.

00:45, he pulls out his concealed carry. 00:47, he releases the magazine and puts it on the counter. 00:50 it looks like he racks the slide and puts the round on the counter. Then for the remainder he is attempting to eject ANOTHER round that is possibly stuck in the chamber? I can't tell if he is able to rack the slide fully or if it is stuck. It looks like he is short stroking the slide. Maybe someone can explain their theory on how there was a round in the chamber when it looked like he ejected the round when first racking the slide.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:29:44 AM EDT
[#1]
You'd think he would have learned better after having done that the first time.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:48:15 AM EDT
[#2]
It looks like he sets a round on the counter but then brushes his hand across the counter but the round is still there.  It looks like he cycles the action a few time but unless he was carrying the pistol around with a double feed I don't see how that happened.   David

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:01:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Could be that the round did not eject on the first attempt.  When he let the slide go forward it stripped another round which is what he pulled out and put on the counter.  The reason he was short stroking it was trying to lock the ejector onto the chambered round but not giving it enough forward force to catch it.  

Then he pulls the trigger with the slide forward (round still seated) but with just the ejector holding it from being fully locked up.  The hammer strike gives it enough force to lock up fully and strike the round.

just guessing......
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:18:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Homem é atingido por tiro acidental em clube de caça de Camboriú
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:33:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Could be that the round did not eject on the first attempt.  When he let the slide go forward it stripped another round which is what he pulled out and put on the counter.  The reason he was short stroking it was trying to lock the ejector onto the chambered round but not giving it enough forward force to catch it.  

Then he pulls the trigger with the slide forward (round still seated) but with just the ejector holding it from being fully locked up.  The hammer strike gives it enough force to lock up fully and strike the round.

just guessing......
View Quote

That seems like a likely scenario although I started cringing as soon as I saw him draw his CCW from the holster.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:52:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

just guessing......
View Quote

But how was there another round to strip if he already released the magazine?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:10:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Guy was trying to show other guy how to field strip a Glock. He took the mag out and forgot to empty the chamber or thought he cleared it. I never saw the round come out after he skinned it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:52:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I didn't see any malfunction, playing pattycake with a slide doesn't ensure extraction or ejection.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:58:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Guy was trying to show other guy how to field strip a Glock. He took the mag out and forgot to empty the chamber or thought he cleared it. I never saw the round come out after he skinned it.
View Quote

Not a glock
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:02:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

At 00:50 the chambered round is put on the counter.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:29:19 PM EDT
[#11]
How do you know for sure?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:55:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How do you know for sure?
View Quote

You can clearly see the round siting on the counter top after he sets it down.  David
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:43:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry, should have quoted but I was asking the guy above you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top