Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2021 1:06:24 PM EDT
Show me how yours is setup

Using the keymod for anything? Optic? What holster?
Short or long config?

Is this your “Go to” Pistol for anyone? Anyone using the maxim9 for daily carry?

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:34:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Fine since Nobody else will I’ll post a pic.  

Attachment Attached File

Anybody using the bottom keymod for anything?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:56:21 AM EDT
[#2]
tag for interest
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:37:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Have one in jail need to get paperwork started .
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:34:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:36:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:46:28 AM EDT
[#6]
a couple quick observations after just a few hundred rounds through mine

- impressively quiet with 147g!
- surprisingly iron sights are NOT tall enough to see through the RMR window.  
- trigger is reasonably light and works great for me. no problems with split times etc.  i actually bought a 3rd party spring kit based on other reviews but i don't think i'll install it
- ships with magpul glock 17 standard capacity mags, no FTF/FTE issues doing mag dumps with a 33 rnd Glock mag.  haven't tried magpul 21 or 27 rnd mags
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 3:33:24 PM EDT
[#7]
It is one cool pistol and it really could drive innovation if silencers were not treated like the devil in the USA.  If we did not require months of waiting to get one we would see many manufactures coming out with similar, better, and refining the design eventually leading to carry pistols with some sort of sound suppression built in.  Even a small amount of sound suppression would be beneficial in a carry piece if you were not going for just as quiet as possible but more for contain the initial concussion.  That pistol would be nice for home defense when you have no earpro and let off a round inside the house.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:05:51 PM EDT
[#8]
What's the accuracy like?  Trigger?

Is it as close to as quiet as a bolt-on can?  

Do you have a holster?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:33:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
a couple quick observations after just a few hundred rounds through mine

- impressively quiet with 147g!
- surprisingly iron sights are NOT tall enough to see through the RMR window.  
- trigger is reasonably light and works great for me. no problems with split times etc.  i actually bought a 3rd party spring kit based on other reviews but i don't think i'll install it
- ships with magpul glock 17 standard capacity mags, no FTF/FTE issues doing mag dumps with a 33 rnd Glock mag.  haven't tried magpul 21 or 27 rnd mags
View Quote

Surprised on the trigger.  Fondled one at my LGS back when they were new and it was hands down the worst trigger I'd ever felt.

Optoc in front of ejection port is smart though, all guns should be that way.  Keeps the blowback crud off the glass.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:35:17 PM EDT
[#10]
edge, i agree.  it's a shame when innovation is stifled

Quoted:
What's the accuracy like?  Trigger?

Is it as close to as quiet as a bolt-on can?  

Do you have a holster?
View Quote

trigger is actually really good for a production gun.  but i wish it were curved and farther back instead of straight and angled forward.  makes it slightly awkward
i haven't tested much for accuracy but when sighting it in, i was prob getting 3" groups at 15-20 yards, just shooting at ipsc cardboard so not a great aiming point
i don't have any 9mm bolt on cans, but i have two ospreys, one on an fnp tactical in 45acp and one on a 9mm cz scorpion.  the maxim9 is as quiet as both with 147g.  pretty much you just hear the slide noise.   however, i don't think it's as quiet with supersonic 115g.
holster is ordered. prob 2 weeks out
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:48:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I agree, The trigger was NOT a favorite of mine. "Military"ish rounds like IMI I had failure to fires with. I made it to about 300 rounds before I had to send it back to silencershop. I'd like one just for the unique factor:

SilencerCo Maxim 9, Integrally Suppressed by Buffman RANGE, on Flickr
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:54:43 PM EDT
[#12]
is there a story behind the broken glass?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:16:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
is there a story behind the broken glass?
View Quote
Just an opportunity for a picture. I drive around my hometown a lot, and there's random abandoned buildings or new construction projects. This one, a worker busted the glass out of a old building they were working on. Was that way for a couple weeks, so on my return from the range, I stopped and took some pics:D
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:36:44 AM EDT
[#14]
If the trigger was significantly better, I would own one. Its pretty bad.
Rather use the money to buy 2 cans for pistols that already have a much better trigger.
Cool factor gets negated due to shitty trigger.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:36:08 AM EDT
[#15]
It's a cool concept and I'm glad they make them but IMO, the tech just isn't quite there yet to make it any more practical than a thread on can.

Sure, it's shorter, but the advantages pretty much end there. It's a big brick of a gun, too large for any sort practical concealed carry. So you're basically left with a special purpose "offensive" type pistol to carry in a duty type rig that that requires custom holsters with limited availability and has no means to attach a WML.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:36:35 AM EDT
[#16]
I want one. The short configuration would be super slick.

I would love one in something like tcm 22r (5.7x28 won’t fit).

Would be a handy truck/camping gun with a flat shooting round.

Too bad the trigger being shitty has killed sales.

Still might snag one.  LGS had one and if they do after the panic slows I might snag it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:46:38 AM EDT
[#17]
I must have lucked out.  The trigger in mine is prob the best factory striker fired trigger I’ve owned.

The suppression is so good on the full size I’m thinking about trying the short config.  Having just got my full size holster is the only thing keeping me from it
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:54:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Which holster?

If I get one I was going to run it in a hill people gear chest pack for hunting and hiking
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:12:55 AM EDT
[#19]
How easy is it to accidentally get your thumb trapped in the slide when shooting straight-thumbs?

I can't wait for the non NFA version
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:38:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
How easy is it to accidentally get your thumb trapped in the slide when shooting straight-thumbs?

I can't wait for the non NFA version
View Quote
I've never done it, but a friend of mine did on his first shot.

I don't love the trigger on mine, but I don't hate it either.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:30:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Are they still bringing out the non nfa version?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:14:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Never done it.  What’s the non NFA version going to do? Still fixed barrel?
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 2:28:42 PM EDT
[#23]
I remember a couple years back there were issues with light primer strikes, has this been resolved?
I am looking at one right now and really interested
How do you guys like yours and how are they running?
While it will mainly be a range toy I may carry it hunting and CPL it on certain occasions.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 3:19:41 PM EDT
[#24]
They posted a question on IG asking what should be the next caliber for the maxim9

Maxim 22lr and 5.7x28 followed by 45acp were the most common answers.

The 5.7x28 in the maxim package (obviously grip redesign would be necessary) would be bad ass for a truck pistol out here in the west.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 5:20:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I remember a couple years back there were issues with light primer strikes, has this been resolved?
While it will mainly be a range toy I may carry it hunting and CPL it on certain occasions.
View Quote

Not in factory form. The Maxim 9 I reviewed for SShop was brand new from SiCo and it had light primer strikes.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 9:47:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
They posted a question on IG asking what should be the next caliber for the maxim9

Maxim 22lr and 5.7x28 followed by 45acp were the most common answers.
View Quote

What is “IG?”
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 11:05:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What is "IG?"
View Quote
instagram
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 11:05:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

What is “IG?”
View Quote

Instagram

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:23:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Oh, ok.  Thanks for posting that.  I don’t do social media, unless you count a few forums that I frequent.  Will somebody go over to IG and vote for a Maxim 40 for me, please?
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 3:20:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Funnily enough, I emailed them a few weeks back asking about the non NFA version. This is what they said:

Hello,

That is still planned for the future, but it is currently not a top priority due to insane demand for existing products.

Thank you and have a great day!
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:04:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Oh, ok.  Thanks for posting that.  I don’t do social media, unless you count a few forums that I frequent.  Will somebody go over to IG and vote for a Maxim 40 for me, please?
View Quote

40 was not an option and with the way things are going with 40 I highly doubt it will happen
Sig has taken 40 out of their catalog and I have been told they will only produce them for LE that is still carrying 40
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:15:19 PM EDT
[#32]
My trigger is horrible, heavy pull, gritty, sticks in places, just terrible, and I am no trigger snob. I think the trigger is too wide or something and binding. Someday I'll probably pull it apart and try and smooth out the plastic.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:50:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

My light strike issue was solved by changing mags.  

Sounds crazy but I only get issues with one mag which was the magpul glock mag that came with it.  I bought a bunch more magpul and glock mags and all the rest work fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top