Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2005 3:53:49 PM EDT
I just noticed something on Jarvis Gun Barrels' web page.  They have extended and threaded barrels for the FN Five-seveN available for suppressor use.  $299 without TP, add $15 for a TP.

Gotta get one now!  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:33:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm really confused . . . isn't the point of the 5.7 to fire a teeny tiny itsy bitsy bullet at HIGH velocities?

Suppessors require subsonic ammo to be very effective.  Congrats, you just converted your pistol to shoot .22 short

I'm not trying to be an asshole, I'm just trying to figure out the point.  Subsonic .45 = bad ass.  Subsonic 9mm = OK.  Subsonic .22 = ?

Disconnector
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:38:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Weapons firing a supersonic projectile still gain benefits from a suppressor. It eliminates muzzle flash and obviously cuts down on noise. Lets not forget the freebore boost.

A suppressed weapon that is shooting supersonic ammunition is still hard to locate. As the bullet passes by its sonic boom is ofset at a 90 deg. path from the bullet. The echo of the supersonic boom can also mask the noise of the action. At least thats what I have read up on here at ARFCOM.  YMMV
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:42:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm really confused . . . isn't the point of the 5.7 to fire a teeny tiny itsy bitsy bullet at HIGH velocities?

Suppessors require subsonic ammo to be very effective.  Congrats, you just converted your pistol to shoot .22 short

I'm not trying to be an asshole, I'm just trying to figure out the point.  Subsonic .45 = bad ass.  Subsonic 9mm = OK.  Subsonic .22 = ?

Disconnector

Two things: 1. The report of a suppressed gunshot, supersonic or not, doesn't sound like a gunshot. 2. Many people like to use suppressors to protect their hearing. This is useful when you need to hear, like when varminting.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:43:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Great, now all we need is a decent supply of ammo.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:32:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Disconnector

I shoot q3131a all the time with a suppressor, full auto too, except for all the blow back blowing in my face,  it's alot better, sounds like a 22lr, but you dont know where its coming from
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top