Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/10/2020 5:23:01 PM EDT
I’ve had a Canik TP9 SF Combat and liked it, but I’m thinking about picking up an Arex Delta or Zero 1 to try/have on hand.

I’m curious what you all think about the reliability, QC, etc. of Arex vs Canik vs SAR?

MGnG review of the Arex Delta HERE

Would you choose one over the other?  If so, why?

Thanks for any thoughts!
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 5:47:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I've heard good things of Canik, never herd of the other company. I'm a huge CZ fan!
Although I don't really keep up with the clones.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 6:04:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Canik owner here.  Great pistols, mine have been totally reliable.  
Canik pistols have been adopted as the sidearms for Turkish law enforcement, so I'd say they're pretty well vetted.  

Never heard of Arex, good or bad.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 8:00:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Arex Delta.

It’s just about perfect. It really punches above its weight.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 8:19:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Put a link to a MGnG review of the Arex Delta in the OP for those of you who are interested.

Him, MAC, and a few other YouTubers have very positive reviews of the pistol.

Thanks for the continued feedback!
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 8:27:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Both seem to be good pistols.  I handled a Arex and
a Canik they seem to have very good quality.  I lean toward the Arex myself. I have never shot either one. Good luck
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 8:30:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Arex is better built.
Also, from Ex Yugoslavia.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 9:03:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I have both and I like both. I'd give the trigger on the Canik the edge, but that's it. Both fit my M/L hands well. The Delta is a little smaller so carries slightly better than the Canik.

So of course that means the standard Arfcom advice: Get both.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 11:41:39 AM EDT
[#8]
My TP9SFX has been very impressive. Have thought about picking up a TPSF, or an Arex. Anyone actually shot both? I'd be hard pressed to see how the AREX could be much better, except maybe for where it is made.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 11:21:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I have both... can't go wrong with either. I just traded into my 8th Canik. It was a new, unfired SFX with a Shield red dot. Gladly traded a like new Glock mod. 45 for it. My in the hills gun is a SF Elite and my city carry gun a an SF EliteSC.
The Arex Delta is a winner as well, and I picked up a second one I was so impressed with the first. It hasn't made it into a cary rotation only because I haven't searched for a holster/rig for it. The Canik's have been filling the roles nicely but I would rely on a Delta just the same.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 11:29:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 12:52:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have both... can't go wrong with either. I just traded into my 8th Canik. It was a new, unfired SFX with a Shield red dot. Gladly traded a like new Glock mod. 45 for it. My in the hills gun is a SF Elite and my city carry gun a an SF EliteSC.
The Arex Delta is a winner as well, and I picked up a second one I was so impressed with the first. It hasn't made it into a cary rotation only because I haven't searched for a holster/rig for it. The Canik's have been filling the roles nicely but I would rely on a Delta just the same.
View Quote

ANR makes a nice iwb holster for the Delta.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 3:20:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I have both.

Canik TP9SF for HD and if you like full-sized Glock 17-like pistol - Top tier fit/finish and one of the best triggers on the market

Delta for CCW - Skinnier/smaller than the G19 and grip/undercut is designed in a manner that an XL hand can get 3 fingers on the grip while using the flush fit magazine. CHF barrel. Great trigger, full ambi. Only downsides I see are: Shallow slide serrations, press-fit extractor and uncomfortable backstraps (you can file the sharp corners down).

Just so you don't think I am only accustomed to "bargain" pistols, I own or have owned the following:

M&P 9
M&P 9 2.0
M&P Shield
PPQ M1
VP9 LEO
P-10C
SP-01
MK25
SP2022
226 Legion
G19 G4
G45
G43X
FS92

EDIT:

A few of my G19 AIWB and OWB holsters fit my Delta like a glove.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 5:08:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
It seems most of the suggestions for Arex gravitated toward the delta, but im liking this zero 1 so far. I was looking for a metal framed hammer fire though so, depends what you're really looking for.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 7:43:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/301997/20201124_142139_jpg-1699939.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/301997/20201124_142254_jpg-1699940.JPGIt seems most of the suggestions for Arex gravitated toward the delta, but im liking this zero 1 so far. I was looking for a metal framed hammer fire though so, depends what you're really looking for.
View Quote

Good to know, also!  I’d been looking at the Zero 1, also, as a Sig stand in until I want to spend $1000 on one.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 11:43:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I was looking for a Sig when I found Arex. As far as I'm concerned, the only reason to buy the Sig is to, well, have a Sig. Otherwise, these seem to perform as well or better at a fraction of the price. I was willing to shell out for a Sig but to get a threaded barrel and an optics cut that wasn't dedicated to the Sig optics line would be so expensive it's unwarranted (in my opinion, of course). Besides that, Sig's quality control over the years has slipped.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 1:03:59 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm very impressed with the accuracy of my Canik, luckily got spare mags at Aim when they were $18, it's one of those guns I will always take to the range.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 2:28:14 PM EDT
[#17]
I bought a TP9sf Elite because of the high round count handgun thread.

It has not been a disappointment.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 1:38:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Anyone that wants to try an Arex Delta check out Rainier. $369.92

https://www.rainierarms.com/arex-defense-delta-9mm-pistol/
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 9:36:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

We no longer advertise for Ranier link broken.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 10:38:51 AM EDT
[#20]
I own multiple Elites, both the regular and the subcompacts, and multiple Delta's.... I would take either without hesitation if someone said "grab one gun" and thats all you get.
The Delta does 'feel' slimmer and is very ergonomic despite its somewhat squared angles and profile when you look at it.... it is a great feeling piece.
The regular size Elite does 'feel' bigger (and is bigger) but also more solid... and they have phenominal triggers.
Long-term, high round count use has been proven on the Canik... the Delta not so much, but I would expect it to do well in this area.
GET BOTH
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 2:18:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/11/2020 2:02:39 AM EDT
[#22]

I meant to post this and haven’t been able to get back to the site in a while.  I purchased one from Rainier, and my FFL just got it yesterday!
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 2:18:13 AM EDT
[#23]
I’ve had both.... I like the canik better but didn’t really like either one.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 9:59:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I meant to post this and haven’t been able to get back to the site in a while.  I purchased one from Rainier, and my FFL just got it yesterday!
View Quote

Remember to dry-fire it a bunch before you decide you hate the trigger.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 12:17:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Remember to dry-fire it a bunch before you decide you hate the trigger.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/14/2020 12:23:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I’ve had both.... I like the canik better but didn’t really like either one.
View Quote

Yeah, I have a Canik TP9DA, so it’s a different action, but I’m curious to compare the finish and feel.  Wish I could get my hands on another Walther P99 or H&K P30.  Just not willing to pay out my hole for anything right now.

Still thinking about grabbing a Canik TP9SF or SF Elite, too.  They seem to still be available for a reasonable price.

Just want to have a few extra firearms around for family/friends, right now, that are reliable.  I’m not concerned if the ergos or triggers are competition ready.  If they will go bang reliably, I’m happy right now.

I have a couple other go-to’s, if I need them.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:02:07 AM EDT
[#27]
The only trigger better than a broken in TP9SF is one on a 1911.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 2:09:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Folks in our CCW classes are asking for reliable handguns that are a lower price.  I'm glad to see these guns.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 10:06:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The only trigger better than a broken in TP9SF is one on a 1911.
View Quote

I have a 1911 and a TP9SF. Not gonna lie, the Delta is really close.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 6:09:50 PM EDT
[#30]
I have a canik TP9SF. Good deal for the price. The finish on my sucks, especially on the barrel, its bare steel in a few spots. The trigger is great, the best striker fired trigger i have tried. It was 100% reliable the first 1000 rounds, then it started having a dead trigger trying double taps. Researched, pulled the striker assembly out and cleaned it, along with the channel in the slide, that fixed that. Then it started not going into battery after shooting a few hundred rounds between cleaning. I also noticed the slide rattles badly, the recoil spring is shot. I haven't shot it since. Need to order a couple extras.

It was definitely worth the $240 I gave for it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:24:16 PM EDT
[#31]
I bought 4 guns this week.
HK vp9L
M&P 2.0 5" 9mm
Arex delta
IMI Masada

HK 100% no complaints

Masada 100% no complaints

M&P The slide release is near impossible to release.

Arex delta loading the rounds I had to tap the rear of the mag to be able
to keep loading to full capacity.
Trigger...oh boy what a piece of crap. Gun is going back. Dry firing the pistol
and hold back the trigger then operate slide the trigger safety lever gets
jammed and will not release. Take apart the masada to look how its safety
lever works and its a work of art. The Arex is a design mess. All those
positive reviews are crap. Nice looking and nice feel but I would not trust
my life with it.

Of those 4, the IMI is top notch. Even has polygonal rifling.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:26:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I bought 4 guns this week.
HK vp9L
M&P 2.0 5" 9mm
Arex delta
IMI Masada

HK 100% no complaints

Masada 100% no complaints

M&P The slide release is near impossible to release.

Arex delta loading the rounds I had to tap the rear of the mag to be able
to keep loading to full capacity.
Trigger...oh boy what a piece of crap. Gun is going back. Dry firing the pistol
and hold back the trigger then operate slide the trigger safety lever gets
jammed and will not release. Take apart the masada to look how its safety
lever works and its a work of art. The Arex is a design mess. All those
positive reviews are crap. Nice looking and nice feel but I would not trust
my life with it.

Of those 4, the IMI is top notch. Even has polygonal rifling.
View Quote

You need to give the Delta some more time before it manifests its awesomeness on you. I lightly polished the the internals on mine and it became phenomenal for a CCW type pistol.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:48:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You need to give the Delta some more time before it manifests its awesomeness on you. I lightly polished the the internals on mine and it became phenomenal for a CCW type pistol.
View Quote

I second this, but I never had problem with the safety trigger jamming in. He might have a lemon.

The biggest change between "out of the box" to "broken in" I have ever seen was a Canik TP9DA. Absolute crap when I got it; could barely make it fire DA. After a few hundred dry fires and DA pulls it was OK, and has gotten even better since. Poly striker guns have issues with being new, it seems.

I just watched a show with the Delta and worked it while I watched. By the end of the show it was very nice.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:21:22 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm not a mechanical engineer but looking at how the trigger safety engages and disengages, its poorly designed. The way the angles are supposed to slide and engage are way wrong. Maybe if I fire the pistol it would behave in a different manner but still you should be able to slide and release and dry fire without the trigger sticking in the rearward position.

I examined the masada and it could not be improved one bit. Extremely happy with the masada....but Israeli made firearms are excellent firearms.  

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:26:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm not a mechanical engineer but looking at how the trigger safety engages and disengages, its poorly designed. The way the angles are supposed to slide and engage are way wrong. Maybe if I fire the pistol it would behave in a different manner but still you should be able to slide and release and dry fire without the trigger sticking in the rearward position.

I examined the masada and it could not be improved one bit. Extremely happy with the masada....but Israeli made firearms are excellent firearms.  

View Quote

I like the Masada too. Triggers are entirely different.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:28:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe I'm reading your post wrong but several high quality pistol designs don't push the trigger forward after dry firing. My P-10C trigger stays back after firing and only moves forward after racking the slide.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:51:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Maybe I'm reading your post wrong but several high quality pistol designs don't push the trigger forward after dry firing. My P-10C trigger stays back after firing and only moves forward after racking the slide.
View Quote

I completely agree. The masada always goes to the forward position when fired or just chambered. Glocks however, the trigger stays in the back position when fired until recocked by the slide.
The trigger on this arex is supposed to stay in the forward position all the time. Its getting stuck to the rear position, not always but enough times for me to warrant looking into this.

Have not heard from the mfg yet, so I don't want to fire or do anything to it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:20:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I completely agree. The masada always goes to the forward position when fired or just chambered. Glocks however, the trigger stays in the back position when fired until recocked by the slide.
The trigger on this arex is supposed to stay in the forward position all the time. Its getting stuck to the rear position, not always but enough times for me to warrant looking into this.

Have not heard from the mfg yet, so I don't want to fire or do anything to it.
View Quote

Gotcha... Yeah, I would have ARex look into that. Please keep us up to date!
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:16:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Gotcha... Yeah, I would have ARex look into that. Please keep us up to date!
View Quote

I'm also interested in what they say/do too...

Forrest
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 12:23:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Pretty much a run around with the mfg. Got tired of their bs so I sold the gun.
They know it was a bad design and would never answer some specific questions I had for them. Never again will I buy rex products.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 2:37:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Pretty much a run around with the mfg. Got tired of their bs so I sold the gun.
They know it was a bad design and would never answer some specific questions I had for them. Never again will I buy rex products.
View Quote

That’s unfortunate.  Sorry to hear that!
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 5:49:00 PM EDT
[#42]
DELETED
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 7:28:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Never mind.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:48:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 10:49:55 PM EDT
[#45]
The Stock Canik Elite Combat has by far beaten out all my other strikers and hammers:
Cz P09
WATHER PPQ
WALTHER PDP
SIG P320
GLOCKS
H&K
Archon Type B
CZ Shadow 2

I can't say enough about the SAI trigger, internals, barrel, magwell....only walther had a better grip....always looking and trying out friends guns up against the Elite Combat...nothing has beaten yet it in my opinion....

Link Posted: 3/30/2021 8:07:37 PM EDT
[#46]
While I cannot speak to the plastic striker guns, I have both a Canik steel-frame CZ-75 clone and an Arex Rex Zero 1S.

Both are fine firearms; I like the ergos of the CZ platform a bit better than those of the CZ-99/SIG derived 1S, but the build quality on the Arex is higher.

I'd happily take either (but I don't have to, I did the Arfcom thing and got both).
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 3:28:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Have had good luck with both: have an TP9, Delta Gen 2 L, and an Alpha. The TP9 and Delta are great guns for the price. The Alpha is a budget race gun that is criminally underappreciated.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 4:07:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Have had good luck with both: have an TP9, Delta Gen 2 L, and an Alpha. The TP9 and Delta are great guns for the price. The Alpha is a budget race gun that is criminally underappreciated.
View Quote

I have been fighting a mild urge to get an Alpha for a few years now. I have a Zero 1S and like it OK.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 5:59:06 PM EDT
[#49]
I want to get my hands on an Arex delta g2. I really like the lines of that pistol.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 2:49:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I want to get my hands on an Arex delta g2. I really like the lines of that pistol.
View Quote

If I ever see a Delta X in stock I might have to snag one...still haven’t seen one.  I’m sure I’ve just missed them being in stock.

I should just get rid of the Gen 1 Delta I have in preparation for the Gen 2.  The 19X is my favorite feeling Glock, and I think it’s because of the full size grip on the 19 slide, so I’m thinking the Gen 2 Delta X will be money.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top