Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2005 9:53:50 PM EDT
Owned Glocks, shot HK's, looked at SIG-Pros, P99's, XD's etc. All fat pistols for no real reason and my point.

What amazes me is the size of these things for compact carry with high capacity. What blows my mind is that a crappy Kel-Tec 9mm holds a 12 round flush fit mag + 1 in the pipe in a size of a pistol smaller than a Glock 26 and only marginally wider than a Kahr PM9 6rd pistol.

Why cant they produce a slimline 9mm that holds 12 round magazines in an extremely compact model but better than a Kel-Tec? No one does. Glock's 26 is a fat little pistol with only ten round clips, the HK USP Compact is a fat little pistol as well and really not all that compact. I wish Glock would buy out Kel-Tec then redesign the slide and trigger mechanism to produce the ultimate compact Wonder Nine.

Is there one I am forgetting? With the advance in computer designs why is that Kel-Tec is the only producer of a compact hi-cap wonder nine that is actually compact yet they ignore their crappy trigger pull when they could have cornered the market if they just re-design the thing.

Just my .02,

Creeper  
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:48:12 PM EDT
[#1]
 Wondernine?  I thought that phrase went the way of the dodo.

The Kel-Tec P11 carries 10 in a flush fit mag not 12.  And, it's taller than a G26 by 0.13" while the G26 is wider by 0.18".

That said, I'd love a downsized, single-stack G26.  Maybe a Rohrbaugh R9 or a Kahr PM9 is what you're looking for.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:57:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll keep my kahr.thanks any way
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:05:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Take a look at the CZ line like the P-01 or their Rami's

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:48:17 PM EDT
[#4]
The P-01 is remarkably obese for a nine. I own one.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:30:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
 Wondernine?  I thought that phrase went the way of the dodo.

The Kel-Tec P11 carries 10 in a flush fit mag not 12.  

Wrong, there are flush fitting 12 round mags available for the P11. Former LEO mags

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:50:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:54:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I didn't know about those mags.  Are they selling those with the pistols instead of the 10 rounders?  Their website says it's capacity is 10+1 and it uses 9 or 10 round mags.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:55:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The P-01 is remarkably obese for a nine. I own one.

I've carried it. The difference between it and most other compact 9mm is negligable. I will say the metal Kahr's are some thin bastards and are nice pieces.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:26:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I didn't know about those mags.  Are they selling those with the pistols instead of the 10 rounders?  Their website says it's capacity is 10+1 and it uses 9 or 10 round mags.  

You can get them online. I have not seen any come with them at the gunshop I work at, tho.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top