Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2005 2:14:46 PM EDT
I have small hands or short fingers, doesn't matter which. The more I shoot my pistols, the more I want a better grip. Which guns tend to have short trigger reaches? Preferably the inexpensive "value" type guns. I know that I like the SA trigger on my dads Ruger P90, my llama seems alright, but the mag well is kinda long, and my Baby Eagle, great gun, has a mile to get to the DA, but is good on SA(except for the trigger bite). I'm curious about the CZ 75 SA, but can't fiddle with one till the show at the end of August. Well, I hope that sampling helps, and thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 3:06:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 3:11:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Browning Hi-Power
HK P7M8
Glocks
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 3:47:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Any idea on the FNP series?   I've been looking at that.  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:31:33 PM EDT
[#4]
1911 triggers can easily & quickly be changed out to a short trigger. This will allow you optium fit for your hand, IMO.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:45:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Kahrs have about as a short a trigger reach as you're going to get.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:29:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Kahrs have about as a short a trigger reach as you're going to get.

+1 on the Kahrs...

You might want to check out the Walther P99.  It comes with interchangeable backstraps.  Go to a dealer and check it out.  You'd be looking at about $550.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:42:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Check out one of the CZ compact models: the compact, the PCR or P01
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:33:37 AM EDT
[#8]
The obvious answer is any of the single actions like the 1911.  The other is the Glocks.  My very petite girlfriend loves hers because she can reach and control it easily.  She does prefer Gen 2 models without the finger groves though.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:34:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Not a real fan of the Glock trigger, whats the name of the trigger kit to lighten it?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:43:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Not so much a kit as a connector.  For less than $15, you can buy a 3.5# connector.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:08:43 AM EDT
[#11]
btt
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:11:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I have several things for you to try based on my own experience and the experience of finding a CCW gun for my wife. First, if you are okay with a DAO, the Kahr PM9 and its less expensive version, the CW9 are worth a try. Small, thin grip and decent trigger for a DAO. Second, if you are able to fit your hand around a Glock and are accustomed to a single action trigger, I second the idea of a Glock with a 3.5 pound trigger connector. I was raised on 1911s and Hi-Powers and so the light trigger on the Glock feels very natural to me. The key is to "retain" the trigger (i.e. keep it depressed) through recoil and then let it out only to the reset point before you pull again. This is what makes the Glock special for a DAO is the very short trigger reset. Finally, single stack 1911s have narrow grips and short triggers. Some are now available at reasonable prices as well. I would check out the handgun forums for first hand experience with reliablity issues on some cheaper 1911s before you buy. Hope you find this helpful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top