Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 6:34:42 AM EDT
I'm contemplating purchasing 1000 rnds of Ga. Arms 9mm fmj for my Glock 17.
Has anyone ever had any problems and if I do will I run into warranty issues with Glock?
Any failures of any kind while using Ga. Arms?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:05:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Many, MANY thousands of rounds of Georgia Arms handgun ammo downrange over the years, zero problems.  (I'm kind of partial to their .308 match ammo, too.)

No, you should have no Glock problems with the FMJ.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:28:59 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Many, MANY thousands of rounds of Georgia Arms handgun ammo downrange over the years, zero problems.  (I'm kind of partial to their .308 match ammo, too.)

No, you should have no Glock problems with the FMJ.

How clean is it compared to WWB?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:49:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I haven't really shot them B2B for comparison, but I doubt there's much difference.  (I clean my handguns religiously after shooting them regardless of how much/what I put through them, so I'm probably not the best guy to answer that question.)
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:27:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I can't speak for their 9mm but their 7.62x39 Ballistic Tip load is great stuff.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:46:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Very clean, good stuff.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:38:48 PM EDT
[#6]
1000's of rounds and no problems generally very clean.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:51:00 AM EDT
[#7]
WWB is filthy garbage compared to Georgia Arms.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:04:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I've shot at least 2000 rounds of 9mm, and 2000 rounds of their 223...

My guns like it! Not a single failure.

The only complaint I have with them is that they advertise one price on the website, but then charge you a higher price when you go down and buy it from the store. They were quasi-polite about it, and it wasn't that much more, but still... They need to update their website to reflect their actual prices.

I'd buy more 223 from them, because it is nearly as cheap as Wolf. I'm not so sure I would buy more 9mm, because it is more expensive than WWB.

And I can't tell that it is all THAT much cleaner than WWB.

ETA: Their Gold-Dots are the shiznit.
http://www.firearmstactical.com/test_data/9mm/geo9-124+p-g26.htm
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:53:49 AM EDT
[#9]
My frineds an I have around 10K rounds of their .223 through our AR's with no issues.  I have no experience with their HG ammo, though.  I'd be confident trying it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:07:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I shot a few hundred rounds of their 10mm before I started reloading. I'm not near my notes, but I used a Glock 20 and as I recall had a positive opinion of the ammo and the service (I'm 100 miles or so away). I'd use them again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top