Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 67
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 3:56:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: triburst1] [#1]
The fifth trip to the range with the 19MOS and RMR.  My first 20 rounds fired, just under 3” at 25 yards, standing unsupported. I almost never shoot pistols for groups but the RMR makes it so easy.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 3:58:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tt350z:
Just jumped onto the optics bandwagon. Carry Optics gun with 2.5 MOA SRO and carry gun setup. I personally did not have a learning curve of any sort to pick up the dot. I can have my eyes closes during the draw and index and the dot is visible pretty much everytime I open my eyes. I’m personally gonna ditch the suppressor sights on the G19, I find it blocks to much id the window. It’d probably be better on a MOS slide but the slide melt sits the optics pretty low. Much prefer to Holosun 507C over the RMR07. More usable window, clearer/less tint glass, and a flatter image.

http://i.imgur.com/trzltgxl.jpg
View Quote

Yikes. Looks like you’re well on your way to having a Fitz Special with that bottom pistol.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 2:29:55 PM EDT
[#3]
HK VP9 with Holosun 509T, P80 serialized frame/Brownells optic cut G19 slide with Holosun 507C V2.

Both are great to shoot, but I find the 509T's reticle easier to pick up due to the more tube-like construction of the housing.

The RMR-pattern adapter plate included with the 509T won't work with the Brownell's slide because the slide uses bosses around the main screws instead of providing separate recoil bosses near the front of the slide cut.

Link Posted: 12/22/2020 7:24:53 PM EDT
[#4]
So if I carry a dot pistol in a Fudd holster is that modern enough or no?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 8:54:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:
So if I carry a dot pistol in a Fudd holster is that modern enough or no?
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/455820/5D415AF4-6114-4456-A9CD-47BF702DF4F3_jpe-1743729.JPG
View Quote

I think it looks great!
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 9:32:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 9:47:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 9:48:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Great setup. That said, why did you swap out the barrel? Unless I'm going threaded, I see zero reason to do so.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 9:52:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By PFran42:

Great setup. That said, why did you swap out the barrel? Unless I'm going threaded, I see zero reason to do so.
View Quote
True. Gen 5 barrel will do 3 inches for me at 25 (standing / freehand)
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 9:55:27 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I bought it as a stripped gen 5 frame , I bought all the other parts to complete it
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 12:26:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By disturbed0013:

I bought it as a stripped gen 5 frame , I bought all the other parts to complete it
View Quote

Makes sense when you explain it like that.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 10:03:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By triburst1:
The fifth trip to the range with the 19MOS and RMR.  My first 20 rounds fired, just under 3” at 25 yards, standing unsupported. I almost never shoot pistols for groups but the RMR makes it so easy.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/34777/35987EA0-5CC8-4ADC-A8B7-7FAE650810D2_jpe-1741750.JPG
View Quote

That would be a 100 on B8 if it's under 3".
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 11:15:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 12:38:31 AM EDT
[#14]
I've got the Ameriglo 429 black suppressor sights on my 19.5MOS with RMR. I don't miss the tritium dots for sighting since the irons are just for back up but I sure miss them for finding my pistol in the dark.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:39:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Finally have everything I need to send off to Jagerwerks to cut for my RMR on my 17.5.  Hopefully the wait time isn't too bad
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:41:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#16]
Originally Posted By cone256:
Finally have everything I need to send off to Jagerwerks to cut for my RMR on my 17.5.  Hopefully the wait time isn't too bad
View Quote

You probably picked the absolute worst time of the year. JW was offering optic cuts for $80 on Black Friday. I'm sure many took them up on that offer, I know I did.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 2:48:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Took the 365xl to the range for the first time in a while. First round with the 507k was dead ass center. Roll out to 25 yards and put a whole mag quickly into a head sized target.

Dots are the future.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 2:50:42 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

I sent in a slide at the beginning of December and they had it turned around in under 2 weeks.  Now, USPS being the shit show it is, it took almost another 2 weeks bouncing around the mail system.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 10:11:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Clever optic reticle from Holosun

Holosun with Vulcan ACSS reticle

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/1/2021 4:02:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Took the 365xl to the range for the first time in a while. First round with the 507k was dead ass center. Roll out to 25 yards and put a whole mag quickly into a head sized target.

Dots are the future.
View Quote

Naw...Point shooting for the win brah!!!!
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 8:01:47 PM EDT
[#21]
@hagdaddy
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:10:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sunnybean] [#22]

I received mine four days ago. Swapped the SRO off of my G19 MOS/FCD. Absolutely loving it!

The 100moa circle is such a great cheat. Sure, if you have a perfect presentation you don’t need it. But, if you’re like me (and you are) you don’t have a perfect presentation much of the time. In those instances this thing is amazing. One handed, on the move, off angle, etc. the big ring of love is there for you. No more, “Where’s my dot? Where’s My Dot?? WHERE’S MY DOT???”  If you’re off you instantly know how to fix it. I had reservations that things might get busy under recoil but I haven’t found that to be the case.

I’ve gotten accustom to the large window of the SRO. So, going back to a smaller window feels strange. The circle really helps to ease that. If Trijicon could adopt this concept into an SRO they’d have even more of my money.

I need further testing but my initial impression is super favorable.

ETA, The chevron and brightness settings are also very nice. I’m a 10 yrd zero guy and this is meant to be zeroed at 25 yrds. I haven’t had a chance to see how that effects what is supposed to the 50/100 yrd poa’s. I’ve never shot a chevron handgun RDS before but so far I’m impressed with it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:48:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By sunnybean:

I received mine four days ago. Swapped the SRO off of my G19 MOS/FCD. Absolutely loving it!

The 100moa circle is such a great cheat. Sure, if you have a perfect presentation you don’t need it. But, if you’re like me (and you are) you don’t have a perfect presentation much of the time. In those instances this thing is amazing. One handed, on the move, off angle, etc. the big ring of love is there for you. No more, “Where’s my dot? Where’s My Dot?? WHERE’S MY DOT???”  If you’re off you instantly know how to fix it. I had reservations that things might get busy under recoil but I haven’t found that to be the case.

I’ve gotten accustom to the large window of the SRO. So, going back to a smaller window feels strange. The circle really helps to ease that. If Trijicon could adopt this concept into an SRO they’d have even more of my money.

ETA, The chevron and brightness settings are also very nice. I’m a 10 yrd zero guy and this is meant to be zeroed at 25 yrds. I haven’t had a chance to see how that effects what is supposed to the 50/100 yrd poa’s. I’ve never shot a chevron handgun RDS before but so far I’m impressed with it.
View Quote

Interesting. I have 3 SROs right now and love them. I do have my fair share of dot-hunting at times. I just bought another Optic Ready pistol and am seriously considering the Holoson..
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:50:00 AM EDT
[#24]

The 100moa circle is such a great cheat. Sure, if you have a perfect presentation you don't need it. But, if you're like me (and you are) you don't have a perfect presentation much of the time. In those instances this thing is amazing. One handed, on the move, off angle, etc. the big ring of love is there for you. No more, "Where's my dot? Where's My Dot?? WHERE'S MY DOT???"  If you're off you instantly know how to fix it. I had reservations that things might get busy under recoil but I haven't found that to be the case.

I've gotten accustom to the large window of the SRO. So, going back to a smaller window feels strange. The circle really helps to ease that. If Trijicon could adopt this concept into an SRO they'd have even more of my money.

ETA, The chevron and brightness settings are also very nice. I'm a 10 yrd zero guy and this is meant to be zeroed at 25 yrds. I haven't had a chance to see how that effects what is supposed to the 50/100 yrd poa's. I've never shot a chevron handgun RDS before but so far I'm impressed with it.
View Quote
In stock anywhere?
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 3:29:25 AM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:57:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: airgunner] [#26]
Dots are the future.
View Quote

My take? Yes, they are the future and I plan on setting up a couple of guns with MRDS just to play around with it but in present time, the technology just isn't developed enough for me to trust them on my go to guns. They are not as reliable or robust as their bigger, rifle oriented brothers.

I just watched a video the other day from some firearms trainer talking about how great they are then admitted that in a recent class he had, they got heavy rain and the only 2 students that were able to finish the course where the 2 student running irons only

Two things need to happen to make MRDS sights on pistols the norm... Reliability needs to be improved and the gun and optic makers need to come together on a standard mounting system. This crap about your slide being milled to fit one specific sight (or having to use adaptor plates that raise the height of the sight) is BS and frustrating IMO. I want to be able to buy what ever gun I want and what ever optic I want and they just fit/work without having to jump through hoops, buy adaptors or spend time and money sending it out to be milled only then to be stuck with one specific optic platform.

ETA... from both a reliably and standardization viewpoint, they also need to incorporate a standardized lug system to keep the stress off the mounting screws and keep these sights from falling off the gun.

To each their own but that's just my $.02 on the subject
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:00:19 AM EDT
[#27]

You probably picked the absolute worst time of the year. YW was offering optic cuts for $80 on Black Friday. I'm sure many took them up on that offer, I know I did.
View All Quotes

You probably picked the absolute worst time of the year. YW was offering optic cuts for $80 on Black Friday. I'm sure many took them up on that offer, I know I did.

Ugh figures
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:06:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Love the new 509T, but damn!
That stack height though!
(Can’t wait for my CHPWS plate to come in stock...

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:11:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By airgunner:

the gun and optic makers need to come together on a standard mounting system. This crap about your slide being milled to fit one specific sight (or having to use adaptor plates that raise the height of the sight) is BS and frustrating IMO. I want to be able to buy what ever gun I want and what ever optic I want and they just fit/work without having to jump through hoops, buy adaptors or spend time and money sending it out to be milled only then to be stuck with one specific optic platform.

View Quote

This right here.

As it stands now is weapons grade retarded.  Surely it can't be that far off.  Hell just recessing a 1913 section would make me happy.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:24:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sniper3142] [#30]

I just watched a video the other day from some firearms trainer talking about how great they are then admitted that in a recent class he had, they got heavy rain and the only 2 students that were able to finish the course where the 2 student running irons only [img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif[/img
View Quote

That sounds like total BS.

I'm pretty sure a good mRDS like the Trijicon RMR won't be killed by ANY amount of rain.

And even if a mRDS does die, you can still use your IRON SIGHTS thru the mRDS window.  There would be no legitimate reason to not finish the course.

And the Trijicon RMR is plenty tough, so that isn't a valid argument.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:33:43 AM EDT
[#31]

My take? Yes, they are the future and I plan on setting up a couple of guns with MRDS just to play around with it but in present time, the technology just isn't developed enough for me to trust them on my go to guns. They are not as reliable or robust as their bigger, rifle oriented brothers.

I just watched a video the other day from some firearms trainer talking about how great they are then admitted that in a recent class he had, they got heavy rain and the only 2 students that were able to finish the course where the 2 student running irons only

Two things need to happen to make MRDS sights on pistols the norm... Reliability needs to be improved and the gun and optic makers need to come together on a standard mounting system. This crap about your slide being milled to fit one specific sight (or having to use adaptor plates that raise the height of the sight) is BS and frustrating IMO. I want to be able to buy what ever gun I want and what ever optic I want and they just fit/work without having to jump through hoops, buy adaptors or spend time and money sending it out to be milled only then to be stuck with one specific optic platform.

ETA... from both a reliably and standardization viewpoint, they also need to incorporate a standardized lug system to keep the stress off the mounting screws and keep these sights from falling off the gun.

To each their own but that's just my $.02 on the subject
View Quote
@airgunner

the future is now.

Water test 1
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:29:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brahmzy] [#32]
Durability / reliability (at least the Trijicon products) is the last concern of mine at this point.  I've got enough rounds through 3 samples on 3 different guns that I have the utmost confidence in them.

User training is the biggest concern I see - there is an adjustment.  

Took about 4-5 good sessions for me on multiple platforms to work out this adjustment to the point where I instinctively present properly 90% of the time now.  

That other 10% is a split-second slower while I'm dot-hunting.  I suspect this is where the technology will improve, such as the Holosun reticle.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:51:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: airgunner] [#33]
Originally Posted By Sniper3142:
That sounds like total BS.

I'm pretty sure a good mRDS like the Trijicon RMR won't be killed by ANY amount of rain.
View Quote

I'm sure you're an expert and know better but go argue with this guy about it and leave me out of it...

Relevant comment @2:46 but I suggest you watch the whole thing. For the most part, he's on your guys side but he's honest about the pros and cons of RDS's on pistols.

and to be clear, he's not specific about why the RDS guys couldn't complete the course of fire? I didn't get the impression that the RDS's died, more like the heavy weather made them unusable because of too much moisture on the glass? (and if that was the case, your BUIS's would be useless too)
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 7:31:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Fooboy:
In stock anywhere?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Fooboy:

The 100moa circle is such a great cheat. Sure, if you have a perfect presentation you don't need it. But, if you're like me (and you are) you don't have a perfect presentation much of the time. In those instances this thing is amazing. One handed, on the move, off angle, etc. the big ring of love is there for you. No more, "Where's my dot? Where's My Dot?? WHERE'S MY DOT???"  If you're off you instantly know how to fix it. I had reservations that things might get busy under recoil but I haven't found that to be the case.

I've gotten accustom to the large window of the SRO. So, going back to a smaller window feels strange. The circle really helps to ease that. If Trijicon could adopt this concept into an SRO they'd have even more of my money.

ETA, The chevron and brightness settings are also very nice. I'm a 10 yrd zero guy and this is meant to be zeroed at 25 yrds. I haven't had a chance to see how that effects what is supposed to the 50/100 yrd poa's. I've never shot a chevron handgun RDS before but so far I'm impressed with it.
In stock anywhere?

I purchased from Rainer Arms. I think I got one of the last ones they had because later that day I sent a link to a friend and they were out of stock. Primary Arms was already sold out. Sorry, not much help.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:45:13 PM EDT
[#35]

I'm sure you're an expert and know better but go argue with this guy about it and leave me out of it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIdp6brWLxA
Relevant comment @2:46 but I suggest you watch the whole thing. For the most part, he's on your guys side but he's honest about the pros and cons of RDS's on pistols.

and to be clear, he's not specific about why the RDS guys couldn't complete the course of fire? I didn't get the impression that the RDS's died, more like the heavy weather made them unusable because of too much moisture on the glass? (and if that was the case, your BUIS's would be useless too)
View Quote

THANKS!

Good video with several valuable insights.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:56:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Having some trouble finding cowitness sights for a G48 MOS + Holosun 507K-X2. Any recommendations? I prefer blacked out sights.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:11:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Pleaforwar:
Having some trouble finding cowitness sights for a G48 MOS + Holosun 507K-X2. Any recommendations? I prefer blacked out sights.
View Quote
Is there a G48 version of the Ameriglo 429's?

Excellent bang for the buck and do what you need them to do.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:06:05 AM EDT
[#38]
@WIZZO_ARAKM14

Unfortunately they do not. I can't find any Ameriglo sights that fit the slim frame and are elevated.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:33:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Well pisser. Must be too new of a niche since none of them were offered optics ready until just a couple months ago.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 2:00:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 5:26:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LOS] [#41]

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:40:11 AM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 1/31/2021 3:20:53 PM EDT
[#43]
How difficult is it to cut a slide for an rmr? My neighbor has a bridgeport and has offered to cut mine for me if I can get whatever schematic I need.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 5:26:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#44]
Originally Posted By billth777:
How difficult is it to cut a slide for an rmr? My neighbor has a bridgeport and has offered to cut mine for me if I can get whatever schematic I need.
View Quote
I'd send it in to a pro
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 6:20:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 6:51:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

Lol dude... Do not do that
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/31/2021 7:04:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By billth777:
View Quote
I look forward to the epic "My slide is fooked" thread.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 7:08:04 PM EDT
[#48]
About to begin week 4 of my wait with Jagerwerks.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 8:13:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

Lol dude... Do not do that
View Quote

an engineer with a brigeport and accurate drawings is incapable of cutting a slide for an RMR?
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 10:09:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 67
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top