BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 67
Posted: 10/22/2019 5:32:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy]
Target focus.
Better accuracy across the board.
Speed is the same up close with some practice, better at medium/longer distance.

Im converting people left and right.

When I go back to shooting irons I'm better at it after shooting dots, but wonder why you'd want to stay there.

If you're thinking about it - jump in with both feet.

- Zero distance chart
- 1.5Y recap
- Water test 1
- Water test 2
- Can't find dot, poor irons alignment
- Rear Irons Placement
- Universal Truths
- Target Focus at 40Y
- Pistol marksmanship, Phantom flinch
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 8:26:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pebble:

I think Appendix carry holsters allow you to conceal the largest weapons so that doesn’t surprise me. I’ve tried it, but did not find it comfortable. I like to be able to wear my belt a little bit looser than works with a wing.

After trying every type of holster under the sun, by far my favorite method of carry is using a techna clip. I find that no extra material just makes the overall package that much thinner, more comfortable and concealable. The techna clip carries it deeper than most holsters which helps to bury the handgrip into my body and not print when I bend over.
I like not having any extra weight. I clip onto my pants under the belt so the clip itself is hidden. I like being able to quickly remove the gun and have no trace of a holster left behind. It keeps it very secure no matter how much jumping or running I do.

If I want to carry one in the chamber, I have a trigger guard that ties into the belt. I don’t like this though because it’s can only be unholstered using a fast draw which makes a snapping sound, and I think it’s equally likely I might want to use a stealthy draw, so I just carry it with an empty chamber.
Where it rides the rmr would be below the waistline, printing, uncomfortable and a snag hazard.

Long story short, what’s best for one person isn’t always best for the other cause we all have different priorities

One more con to the rmr I have noticed though is that my instinct is to present the gun looking down the iron sights. Do this with an rmr and the dot is off the glass. I have to consciously tilt my head up from what feels natural to find the dot. I’ve handed it to some friends and they could not find the dot and handed it back confused. Iron sights will never have that issue. I am sure this can be overcome with training, but in a stressful situation I could see someone not finding the dot and just panicking and shooting without a visible point of aim. With iron sights, the equivalent would be not aligning the front and rear.
View Quote

Be right back...
Gotta get my rifle out of the truck...
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 8:32:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm more concerned with the lack of Haikus than I am about someone's choice to carry with an empty  chamber...I would have been forced to commit
seppuku for a lesser transgression...
This thread while very informative is beginning to slip again..

As to concealability with a dot...I have hidden handguns on my person longer than many participants in this thread have been alive. The Trijicon RMR on any midsize pistol is no harder to conceal than the full size 1911's or Small revolvers I began carrying in my youth. And call me slow...But I aint wasting the time to rack a round into the chamber for any reason...And I have yet to shoot my pecker off...

Your mileage may vary...And I in no way intend to tell you how to carry...But if you would allow me to share some wisdom..Cheat...Take every possible advantage.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 12:25:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Dots look like this what do i do?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 6:24:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Skin-walker:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/524472/Capture_PNG-1699093.JPG
View Quote
Look at the target and blaze on. My RMR actually looks better than my Aimpoint.

I'm shooting a streak anyway-anywhere in the window. Pull the trigger and a streak shows the direction of sight lift from the point of shot break.

Watch the streak bounce up and down in .16 splits. Transition to another target in .28/.33 and rip it. All the attention that used to be spent on the sights is

freed up for trigger control.

Link Posted: 11/24/2020 6:26:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By YoteSlayer69:
I'm more concerned with the lack of Haikus than I am about someone's choice to carry with an empty  chamber...I would have been forced to commit
seppuku for a lesser transgression...
This thread while very informative is beginning to slip again..

As to concealability with a dot...I have hidden handguns on my person longer than many participants in this thread have been alive. The Trijicon RMR on any midsize pistol is no harder to conceal than the full size 1911's or Small revolvers I began carrying in my youth. And call me slow...But I aint wasting the time to rack a round into the chamber for any reason...And I have yet to shoot my pecker off...

Your mileage may vary...And I in no way intend to tell you how to carry...But if you would allow me to share some wisdom..Cheat...Take every possible advantage.
View Quote

Carry my gun empty
Quick! The Bad Guys are afoot!
Gun goes click not bang
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 7:53:20 AM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

I noticed as I’m getting more on the mature side ( age, not the way I act ) my dot started looking like that when I looked at the dot. With RDS look at the target, keep your head straight up as possible and bring the pistol up to your eye level. On the previous page I have a video that I’m using pretty close to my ideal posture for a clearer sight picture. I was starting to “hunch” a little bit. It was still good enough to put lead on the 90 yard target.

I noticed what when I start to hunch my shoulders up,  bend my neck down to my pistol, which causes me to move my eyes up ( if that makes any sense ) my dot looks more like a semi colon or a coma instead of a dot.

At my age, (55) my dot is never perfect, but it’s good enough, with a little luck thrown in, that I look like I know what I’m doing on occasion.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 7:54:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By feudist:
Look at the target and blaze on. My RMR actually looks better than my Aimpoint.

I'm shooting a streak anyway-anywhere in the window. Pull the trigger and a streak shows the direction of sight lift from the point of shot break.

Watch the streak bounce up and down in .16 splits. Transition to another target in .28/.33 and rip it. All the attention that used to be spent on the sights is

freed up for trigger control.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 5:02:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By pebble:

Well, I agree with your "hint."  if I am caught in an engagement at close range and need to make a quick shot, I'm not going to be focusing on my front site or my micro RDS....I have enough muscle memory that hitting a man sized target at close ranges doesn't require an aiming device.  If I do need to shoot at smaller targets, or targets at a distance, that's when aiming is required, and a red dot will always be faster than irons. That's exactly why I said that the RDS is only advantageous for small targets at a distance.  

Funny you should mention Airsoft as I've been playing airsoft, mostly milsim, for almost 20 years now.  I recently picked up 3gun as well (haven't done either since the pandemic hit though).  I don't participate in either of these sports thinking that it's going to prepare me for real force on force.  I do them only because I enjoy the sport.  Do I learn something from it?  I think yes and no.  I've learned a lot of things that apply, and probably also picked up some bad habits that don't apply.  

I've come to the same conclusion about grip length.  But in my case, the two are related.  I've found that the best way to conceal grip length on my body is by tilting the gun forward which would put the RDS under the belt line.  If I am running a RDS, I can't really do that, and it would force me to expose more of the grip.

Personal defense is a personal choice.  Some people choose not to defend themselves at all.  Other people may choose to carry a micro pistol, and others may choose to carry a full sized pistol with red dot and extra mags, still others may carry a full sized AR on their back.  To each their own.  I choose to carry less because I'm willing to sacrifice defensive capability for comfort, and because I have other more capable options at the ready.  My decision to carry less is in no wan in insult to your decision to carry more.  

I guess your definition of credibility = agreeing with the hive mind.  In that case, yes, I have zero credibility.  Again, the decision to carry, and what to carry, and how to carry it, is really a personal decision that depends on your own perceived risks and tolerances.  Anyone who insists that there is only 1 best way to carry and anyone who does differently is wrong is very close minded.  There are pros and cons to carrying in the chamber.  The pros are that you have +1 capacity and a faster first shot.  The cons are that you need to carry a holster that protects the trigger guard, and a higher risk for AD (obviously, an AD is impossible if you never make an accident, but accidents can and do happen).  I'm not going to push one over the other.  I think everyone should understand the pros and cons, then make a personal decision.

Yes I have.  And I'm faster and more accurate with my RMR than I am with iron sights...and faster than that using my AR's.  Speed and accuracy of target acquisition is not my primary factor when selecting a EDC gun however.  It may be for you, and there's nothing wrong with that.  I just have different priorities I guess.

Not at all.  There are some situations where I may see the threat long before it's in my face, and there are other situations where I don't.  If I do see the threat long before it's coming, then draw speed does not matter.  I'm more concerned about the situations where the threat surprises me...and he pulls a gun before I do.  In this scenario, I'm not going to immediately draw my gun because he's got the advantage.  Sure, with enough training and practice, you may be able to draw, aim and shoot before the bad guy can just shoot, but he starts with an advantage.  My personal preference would not be draw until the threat is either distracted/looking away, or is attempting to disarm me.  There are risks to both approaches, and ultimately your decision of how to react, and how you prepare, is a personal one.  Not everyone has the same strategy, and that's not wrong IMO.
View Quote

So you think playing airsoft is the same as a Force on Force training that I’m referencing??

Bwahahahahahahahahhaahhahahaha

I appreciate all your rhetoric, but you missed something else, too.

You didn’t address the question I specifically asked about getting out of the holster, racking the slide and getting a round on target. I don’t care whether you choose irons or dots. You’ll be orders of magnitude slower trying to do all of those steps.

Try it.

Link Posted: 11/24/2020 6:04:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Henny:

I noticed as I’m getting more on the mature side ( age, not the way I act ) my dot started looking like that when I looked at the dot. With RDS look at the target, keep your head straight up as possible and bring the pistol up to your eye level. On the previous page I have a video that I’m using pretty close to my ideal posture for a clearer sight picture. I was starting to “hunch” a little bit. It was still good enough to put lead on the 90 yard target.

I noticed what when I start to hunch my shoulders up,  bend my neck down to my pistol, which causes me to move my eyes up ( if that makes any sense ) my dot looks more like a semi colon or a coma instead of a dot.

At my age, (55) my dot is never perfect, but it’s good enough, with a little luck thrown in, that I look like I know what I’m doing on occasion.
View Quote

I think its my eyes. it looks normal if i take a picture of it on a phone.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 6:18:24 PM EDT
[#10]

cp
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 10:29:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PhilDNice] [#11]

I think its my eyes. it looks normal if i take a picture of it on a phone.
View Quote

Sounds like you have an astigmatism
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 4:15:25 PM EDT
[#12]
13 yards w/ 147 gr Blazer Brass. Gen 5

A tad over .75 inches.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/28/2020 7:20:07 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

Very Nice!
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:42:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eaglecp] [#14]
Gracias!

I am still not a fan of the RMR in general. Been trying to love it but I just don't. I really prefer the DPP over the RMR. I just don't believe the durability difference is enough to justify a lack of clarity and small size of window in the RMR and quality of the glass found in the DPP. The DPP is so clear that the "window" or frame around it disappears for me when engaging targets. The RMR...not so much. I have been shooting and abusing both side by side and my personal preference is leaning toward the DPP at this point.
cp
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:20:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By eaglecp:
Gracias!

I am still not a fan of the RMR in general. Been trying to love it but I just don't. I really prefer the DPP over the RMR. I just don't believe the durability difference is enough to justify a lack of clarity and small size of window in the RMR and quality of the glass found in the DPP. The DPP is so clear that the "window" or frame around it disappears for me when engaging targets. The RMR...not so much. I have been shooting and abusing both side by side and my personal preference is leaning toward the DPP at this point.
cp
View Quote

I can't speak to the durability of the DPP, but it was an instant nope from me because of the ridiculous brightness controls. That's like some shit you'd expect from a $30 Tac Star optic.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 12:10:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eaglecp] [#16]
Originally Posted By triburst1:

I can't speak to the durability of the DPP, but it was an instant nope from me because of the ridiculous brightness controls. That's like some shit you'd expect from a $30 Tac Star optic.
View Quote

Hmm, I don't see that at all. I see the concept there as protecting the adjustment setting so it cannot be actuated by accident, like by a holster. I don't find myself having to adjust the brightness too often anyway. The clarity of the glass allows me to keep it a pretty consistent setting indoors and out. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see that improved on the next Gen either. Maybe actually running one instead of just repeating BS you read on the internet and this board and you might have a different opinion.....and maybe not.   I like the RMR, I just don't love it and do not believe it to be the best choice for my application. Is the RMR the most durable? Of course. But it, like the ACOG did back in the day, gives up some clarity and size to optimize durability, if that's your cup of Kool-Aid then drink it. Its all good! BTW, Love your Bi-line Double Beers for you, No Chicom here...

It is funny reading posts between the RMR camp and others, it is literally Deja-vu to the old ACOG vs. Variable power argument of the GWOT era. Now look where we are, most (not all) of your "serious" shooters are running LVPO's for very good reason. There is always give and take no matter what you choose to use. Mine all see very hard use not just range time, however I do also enjoy a good bullseye match as well. Point is I like them both, I just prefer the DPP.
cp
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 2:45:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#17]
The DPP view is absolutely gorgeous.  

I dislike the controls, lack of brightness auto adjust, glass that wont survive drops, and because of the body height - it requires a massively tall front sight for cowitness (check your holsters for compatibility).  

The RMR window is smaller and tinted but it is extremely tough and battery lasts a lot longer.

When the beeper goes off ... all my complaints evaporate.  All I see is that target and the dot in beautiful 20/20 stereoscopic vision.

But - pick what's best for you. There is room at the table for all dots.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 6:14:12 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't really have an issue with the RMR window as I'm using it as a red dot and not a magnified optic. I like the auto adjust brightness of the RMR.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 6:28:43 PM EDT
[#19]
I much prefer the DPP on the range.  the giant, clear window definitely helps with finding the dot during quick target transitions.  I'd like to mess around with an SRO at some point but just haven't gotten the chance yet.

I still choose to conceal carry an RMR.  I like that its smaller and has auto-adjust brightness.  The easy to reach and manipulate buttons are nice too if I need to override the auto brightness.  The reputation for durability certainly doesn't hurt either.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 9:01:16 AM EDT
[#20]

Hmm, I don't see that at all. I see the concept there as protecting the adjustment setting so it cannot be actuated by accident, like by a holster. I don't find myself having to adjust the brightness too often anyway. The clarity of the glass allows me to keep it a pretty consistent setting indoors and out. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see that improved on the next Gen either. Maybe actually running one instead of just repeating BS you read on the internet and this board and you might have a different opinion.....and maybe not.   I like the RMR, I just don't love it and do not believe it to be the best choice for my application. Is the RMR the most durable? Of course. But it, like the ACOG did back in the day, gives up some clarity and size to optimize durability, if that's your cup of Kool-Aid then drink it. Its all good! BTW, Love your Bi-line Double Beers for you, No Chicom here...

It is funny reading posts between the RMR camp and others, it is literally Deja-vu to the old ACOG vs. Variable power argument of the GWOT era. Now look where we are, most (not all) of your "serious" shooters are running LVPO's for very good reason. There is always give and take no matter what you choose to use. Mine all see very hard use not just range time, however I do also enjoy a good bullseye match as well. Point is I like them both, I just prefer the DPP.
cp
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By triburst1:

cp

Not a lot of argument arount lpvo 15 years ago. It was a acog vs aimpoint vs eotech.

Eotech = DPP
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 6:17:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CatSnipah] [#21]
I'm RMR 100%. But the H-Sun offerings are strong, as long as you're ok running China-made dots. But they do very well for themselves and have been durable, for the most part.

The DPP is a hard no for me with the overall design and history of short battery life and reliability issues.

But the overall point is that I've made my choices for my reasons. Others will make different choices and that's ok by me. Choices and options are only going to make the overall industry better.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 6:29:13 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm so pleased with my 19.5 MOS and RM06 that I'm thinking about replacing my 20 with a 40 MOS.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 7:07:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

Not a lot of argument arount lpvo 15 years ago. It was a acog vs aimpoint vs eotech.

Eotech = DPP
View Quote

I loved my EOTech .....When it worked...
LPVO for the win...
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 8:32:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 10:26:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

Reportedly, with the new DPP-NV they've fixed the reliability issues that have plagued the line.

But I'll need to see how that works out from here on out. I'd like another one bc the VIP pricing is so good, but I need to know url perform.
View Quote

If this ammo shortage didn't suck so bad I'd have some feedback for you on that one.  My DPP-NV only has like 200 live fire rounds under its belt.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:15:12 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

No worries, I know a guy

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 6:42:57 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm finding that having the dot fucks me up.  I know its lack of reps but it seems like once I'm focusing on that dot everything else goes to shit.  Yet if I take this pistol and use the irons its not that way.  I'm too focused on the dot being perfectly still I think. Too bad ammo is scarce and I can't train like I would like.  So it will remain a safe gun until I get proficient.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 7:13:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By bigern314:
I'm finding that having the dot fucks me up.  I know its lack of reps but it seems like once I'm focusing on that dot everything else goes to shit.  Yet if I take this pistol and use the irons its not that way.  I'm too focused on the dot being perfectly still I think. Too bad ammo is scarce and I can't train like I would like.  So it will remain a safe gun until I get proficient.
View Quote
Focus on the target not the dot. The movement you're seeing with the dot happens with the irons, too. It just seems exaggerated with the dot because it's a more precise aiming point. If you have strong presentation and start being more target focused instead of front sight focused, the dot is pretty intuitive. Watch some of Sage Dynamics videos on Youtube.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 8:11:24 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Target focus,
Check out Sage Dynamics videos, utilize conscious practice
and refer back to videos, practice presentations and dry fire
daily, in time the the dot will be there...every time
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 8:30:23 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

https://mantisx.com/

I know this has been helping me out. There’s even an ARFCOM group!
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 12:51:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Bradd_D:
Focus on the target not the dot. The movement you're seeing with the dot happens with the irons, too. It just seems exaggerated with the dot because it's a more precise aiming point. If you have strong presentation and start being more target focused instead of front sight focused, the dot is pretty intuitive. Watch some of Sage Dynamics videos on Youtube.
View Quote

Originally Posted By D-der:

Target focus,
Check out Sage Dynamics videos, utilize conscious practice
and refer back to videos, practice presentations and dry fire
daily, in time the the dot will be there...every time
View Quote

You guys are right, I'm focusing on where the dot is not the target like I should be.  With a dot on a rifle it just seems to kind of be something that is floating between me and my target so I don't focus on it.  I think with the newness of this being on a pistol I'm not comfortable enough yet.

I'll check out the vids, thanks.  

Originally Posted By Henny:

https://mantisx.com/

I know this has been helping me out. There’s even an ARFCOM group!
View Quote

That does look cool.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 10:43:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Without searching through hundreds of posts what is the current consensus on which pistol red dot to get in todays market? I am mainly looking at the type 2 RMR with the 3.25 moa dot vs the Holosun 509t. Getting my slide milled soon and trying to decide. Not worried about the price difference just the closed vs open emitter argument.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:23:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#33]
Originally Posted By TheBrokePilot:
Without searching through hundreds of posts what is the current consensus on which pistol red dot to get in todays market? I am mainly looking at the type 2 RMR with the 3.25 moa dot vs the Holosun 509t. Getting my slide milled soon and trying to decide. Not worried about the price difference just the closed vs open emitter argument.
View Quote
RMR Type 2 (either 3.25 or 6.5 MOA LED) or Holosun 407/507/508

I wouldn't worry too much about the open emitter:  Water test 1
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 4:11:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Appreciate it
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 6:38:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#35]
I would say if I could only keep 1 and only 1 weapon out of my inventory, it would be this one.

Gen5 19 milled with RMR type 2.

I love my ARs but I can't CCW them. Outside a literal battlefield - an optic pistol fills so many roles and streamlines fast and accurate shooting from close range out to 100Y+.

If you are thinking about making the jump - do it with both feet!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/14/2020 12:38:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Took the FN509C back to the range yesterday.  

Was just a clusterfuck again.  I try to ignore the dot but for some reason I'm spraying rounds everywhere rather than where they are going if I'm just using irons.  Why this dot fucks me up so much more on a pistol than a rifle, where I have no issues, is really annoying me.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:42:48 PM EDT
[#37]

Was just a clusterfuck again.  I try to ignore the dot but for some reason I'm spraying rounds everywhere rather than where they are going if I'm just using irons.  Why this dot fucks me up so much more on a pistol than a rifle, where I have no issues, is really annoying me.
View Quote

Forget everything you know about how to aim a pistol.

At home (and with a clear pistol), tape a piece of paper with a 1 inch black dot on a wall. Keeping both eyes open, present the pistol while focusing on the target. Superimpose the red dot on the target dot. You'll notice that what you thought was a strong/stable grip on iron sights is really LOL when using a reflex sight. Work on clamping pressure applied by your support hand. The support hand grip should be strong enough, that your strong hand doesn't have to have a death grip on the pistol. This will allow your trigger finger to be much more precise. Practice draw > presentation > dry fire about 1000 times while tuning out red dot movement caused flinch/trigger finger.

You get the above worked out and you'll amaze yourself on a live firing range.

Remember... All that "stable" dry firing you did with iron sights wasn't nearly as "stable" as you thought.

Bonus:

You'll end up being way more proficient when using iron sights after having figured out reflex sights.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 2:11:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Fooboy:
I would say after ... if I could only keep 1 and only 1 weapon out of my inventory, it would be this one.

Gen5 19 milled with RMR type 2.

I love my ARs but I can't CCW them. Outside a literal battlefield - an optic pistol fills so many roles and streamlines fast and accurate shooting from close range out to 100Y+.

If you are thinking about making the jump - do it with both feet!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/113559/EE32A85E-9BF9-4FDC-A627-B4601DE098BC_jpe-1721408.JPG
View Quote

Mine is an MOS with FCD plate but I agree.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 2:31:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#39]
Bump
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 3:34:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SiGfever] [#40]
G43X MOS with CHPWS plate:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/14/2020 6:08:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Go to one of Gabe Suarez classes and learn to do it correctly. It becomes very fast close when you use Ayoobs Stressfire and a real killer over 50 meters and just as deadly at 100 meters.  A Mall entrance is pretty darn wide and a school hallway can be really long.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 6:36:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By PFran42:

At home (and with a clear pistol), tape a piece of paper with a 1 inch black dot on a wall. Keeping both eyes open, present the pistol while focusing on the target. Superimpose the red dot on the target dot. You'll notice that what you thought was a strong/stable grip on iron sights is really LOL when using a reflex sight. Work on clamping pressure applied by your support hand. The support hand grip should be strong enough, that your strong hand doesn't have to have a death grip on the pistol. This will allow your trigger finger to be much more precise. Practice draw > presentation > dry fire about 1000 times while tuning out red dot movement caused flinch/trigger finger.

Remember... All that "stable" dry firing you did with iron sights wasn't nearly as "stable" as you thought.

Bonus:

You'll end up being way more proficient when using iron sights after having figured out reflex sights.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PFran42:

Bonus:

Appreciate the tips.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 11:09:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Soon

Link Posted: 12/15/2020 12:25:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 8:23:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Now I wait

Link Posted: 12/19/2020 3:06:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Finally picked up something to use my HS507C on.   Impressive so far.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:17:06 PM EDT
[#47]
3rd Annual Battery Change in this optic with over 10k rounds downrange.

Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:48:29 PM EDT
[#48]
+1 RISF (Rear Iron Sight Forward)
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 12:52:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By wickedbeernut:
+1 RISF (Rear Iron Sight Forward)
View Quote
Yusssss. It is the way
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 3:00:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Just jumped onto the optics bandwagon. Carry Optics gun with 2.5 MOA SRO and carry gun setup. I personally did not have a learning curve of any sort to pick up the dot. I can have my eyes closes during the draw and index and the dot is visible pretty much everytime I open my eyes. I’m personally gonna ditch the suppressor sights on the G19, I find it blocks to much id the window. It’d probably be better on a MOS slide but the slide melt sits the optics pretty low. Much prefer to Holosun 507C over the RMR07. More usable window, clearer/less tint glass, and a flatter image.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 67
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top