User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 67
Posted: 10/22/2019 5:32:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy]
Target focus.
Better accuracy across the board.
Speed is the same up close with some practice, better at medium/longer distance.

Im converting people left and right.

When I go back to shooting irons I'm better at it after shooting dots, but wonder why you'd want to stay there.

If you're thinking about it - jump in with both feet.

- Zero distance chart
- 1.5Y recap
- Water test 1
- Water test 2
- Can't find dot, poor irons alignment
- Rear Irons Placement
- Universal Truths
- Target Focus at 40Y
- Pistol marksmanship, Phantom flinch
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 11:33:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By warp_foo:
Does anyone have any thoughts or feedback on sealing plates for the RMR?

Useful?
Pointless way to spend $10?

m
View Quote

I use the sealing plate with all of my RMRs
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 12:07:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Useful?

m
View Quote

What kind of RMR?  Type 1 or 2?  One a type 1 you'll want it.  Type 2, up to you - but I view it as cheap insurance.  There are a lot of other places you can save $10.  

I had the Battlewerx plate for both my type 1 and type 2.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 4:44:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: warp_foo] [#3]
Originally Posted By Rush4theYehO:

What kind of RMR?  Type 1 or 2?  One a type 1 you'll want it.  Type 2, up to you - but I view it as cheap insurance.  There are a lot of other places you can save $10.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rush4theYehO:

Useful?

m

It's a type 2. I have  a Battlewerx plate on the way. $10 seemed like cheap insurance to me as well.

m
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 6:50:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#4]
Unless you are mounting to a surface that is as wide as the RMR body - a sealing plate is required to be waterproof.

Type 2 sealing plates should be flat with no raised portion.

Type 1 may or may not have a raised portion to help depress the battery.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 8:44:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: warp_foo] [#5]
New red dots. Top is a Staccato C2 Duo with a Leupold DPP, bottom is a Staccato C Duo with an RMR. The C still needs to have the new suppressor height front sight and sealing plate installed.

Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:51:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Lookin good!
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 7:35:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WIZZO_ARAKM14] [#7]
Aaaaaaaaand I just bought a G17MOS to hold my spare RMR, Ameriglo 429's for it and my G34, and sealing plates for my 19, 34, and 17.

So much for trying to mill one of my CZ's this year, looks like I'm just doubling down on the Glocks.

Makes for 4 dot guns for me. 17, 19, 34,all MOS with RMR's and Sig 320-M17/Holosun/Bobro
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:19:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By WIZZO_ARAKM14:
What my RMR'd G19, G34, and Sig M17 keep telling me is that I can't get that 19 to point right to save my fucking life.

Bout ready to buy a 17.5MOS and be done with it because this small frame just wont settle into my hands right after YEARS of carrying them. I can shoot the G34 and Sig just fine and the presentation of the dot is natural. Even with a chopped backstrap installed to help nose it down, I'm almost always wayyyy nose high with my 19.

As for the dots in general, coming up on a year with the 19MOS, I'm a fan. Im still not faster up close, but that has to do with my recoil control and losing the dot, not the dots fault per se. For speed, less than 10yds is better with irons, but accuracy is better with the dot. Past about 10yds, the dot meets, then exceeds what I'm capable of with irons. That line used to be 15yds.
View Quote

I've gotta wonder if the Shadow Systems MR920 might be a potential solution for you. It's 19 sized, but has three interchangeable backstraps, each of which changes the grip angle. After shooting a 19 for years, I was a bit startled to find that their middle choice (reportedly giving an angle similar to a M&P) actually pointed a lot more naturally for me than their more Glock-like version.

With a 920, the transition to a RDS hasn't been nearly as steep a learning curve as I feared. A clean presentation gives me the dot on target consistently.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 10:43:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Took out the red dots for a quick test drive today. The DPP is 2.5MOA, the RMR 1MOA. Honestly, not much difference from a sight picture perspective. The RMR wasn't any more difficult to pickup the dot than the DPP - although the RMR is on the single stack pistol, so there is a difference in felt recoil and muzzle control.

One thing I noticed was that I started shooting with both eyes open after very short period of time. The sight frames basically just disappeared.  A long time ago - late 80s, early 90s - I used to shoot IPSC. After quite a bit of practice, I was able pickup the BoMars on my 1911 with both eyes open. (I was able to shoot my issued A2 similarly on the USMC KD course.) It did take dedicated practice, however, and hundreds+ rounds.

Seemed quite natural with either red dot...

m
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 6:02:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WIZZO_ARAKM14] [#10]
Originally Posted By tommytrauma:

I've gotta wonder if the Shadow Systems MR920 might be a potential solution for you. It's 19 sized, but has three interchangeable backstraps, each of which changes the grip angle. After shooting a 19 for years, I was a bit startled to find that their middle choice (reportedly giving an angle similar to a M&P) actually pointed a lot more naturally for me than their more Glock-like version.

With a 920, the transition to a RDS hasn't been nearly as steep a learning curve as I feared. A clean presentation gives me the dot on target consistently.
View Quote
We'll have to see. I apparently like the G brand enough that I did buy a G17 last week. If the size starts ticking me off and I find myself wanting a G19 sized pistol more, without throwing the entire Glock system down the drain, I'll give the SS a look. I've handled a bunch of them, just haven't pulled the trigger on one (literally or figuratively, lol)

Haven't shot the 17 yet, but the dot presentation is immediately much more consistent than my 19.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 8:41:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a G17.3 and I would not want to carry it, but it serves as HD and nightstand duty. It is my favorite Glock to shoot, and it will have a permanent home. I point the G17 more naturally than my G19, but I really like my G19 with the RMR.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:08:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By SiGfever:
I have a G17.3 and I would not want to carry it, but it serves as HD and nightstand duty. It is my favorite Glock to shoot, and it will have a permanent home. I point the G17 more naturally than my G19, but I really like my G19 with the RMR.
View Quote
Up until last year, my G19's were the smallest pistols I owned. Spent plenty of years carrying 1911's and a G21 IWB before that. The G17 is still small enough to fit what I need since I generally love larger pistols anyway.

Hell, I crafted one of my old G21 holsters into a G34/X300u light bearing iwb if that says anything
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 10:03:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By WIZZO_ARAKM14:
We'll have to see. I apparently like the G brand enough that I did buy a G17 last week. If the size starts ticking me off and I find myself wanting a G19 sized pistol more, without throwing the entire Glock system down the drain, I'll give the SS a look. I've handled a bunch of them, just haven't pulled the trigger on one (literally or figuratively, lol)

Haven't shot the 17 yet, but the dot presentation is immediately much more consistent than my 19.
View Quote
You can resolve this with training
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 8:56:03 PM EDT
[#14]
This is the way.

Link Posted: 10/12/2020 9:15:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#15]
Originally Posted By AKSU:
This is the way.

https://i.imgur.com/m12ppsl.jpg
View Quote
@aksu

do you feel like the comp is worth the cost / weight / length / noise ... and potential reliability concerns
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 11:01:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Also AKSU, who does your slide machining? I like that race cut with dovetail in front.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 7:47:05 AM EDT
[#17]

Useful?

m
View Quote

Useful, needed to seal the sight guts on most slides as they are usually narower than the sight.

But I carried mine without a seal plate for a few years and had water and sweat go in and the RMR survived it.  

I now have the seal plate though.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 11:33:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AKSU] [#18]
Originally Posted By Fooboy:

do you feel like the comp is worth the cost / weight / length / noise ... and potential reliability concerns
View Quote

For me yes. Pistol stays flat and shoots like a laser. Weight and noise is minimal and I have no reliability concerns shooting 9mm NATO, 147 grain or +P loads.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 11:34:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Skillshot:
Also AKSU, who does your slide machining? I like that race cut with dovetail in front.
View Quote

All are Agency Arms except #3, from the top down, which is Jagerwerks.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 8:45:09 PM EDT
[#20]
My three dot pistols

Link Posted: 10/18/2020 9:29:54 PM EDT
[#21]

German steel , Walther Q4 SF final zero check 15 yards standing. This is the wife's bedside gun with a X300 attached. She is a competent pistol shot but I do not trust her to practice enough with my 2011's to remember the safety. Plus TBF the SF Walther has a great trigger and is a phenomenal shooter.

The test target included was almost as good as my Staccatos proof target from the factory.
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 8:07:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By AKSU:
This is the way.

https://i.imgur.com/m12ppsl.jpg
View Quote
I see you have some front sights mounted on the comp. I was always interested in that because the front sight wouldn't move back and forth with the slide.

Have you shot the irons and if so, what was your opinion?
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 9:33:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TurtlesAlltheWayDown] [#23]
I have this: Aim surplus slide

Also bought an RMR.  Both arrived, all excited.  

Now I find I need a special adapter plate? This is all Chinese to me, can anyone recommend an adapter?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 10:59:06 PM EDT
[#24]
The Aim site says it is cut for an RMR, so it should fit? The only plate if cut for an RMR would be a "Sealing Plate", to prevent water from getting under the optic.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 4:15:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TurtlesAlltheWayDown] [#25]
Originally Posted By SiGfever:
The Aim site says it is cut for an RMR, so it should fit? The only plate if cut for an RMR would be a "Sealing Plate", to prevent water from getting under the optic.
View Quote

Am I on crazy pills? Bottom plate for RMR on the slide.

ETA: I'm an idiot, I have an RMRcc (different mounting dimensions than RMR standard)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 5:39:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By d5griffin:

Am I on crazy pills? Bottom plate for RMR on the slide.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/139507/IMG_0020__1__jpg-1650298.JPG
View Quote

That does not look like a Trijicon RMR sealing plate... Did that plate come with the slide?

Also, I personally would not use a slide that did not have recoil bosses for the RMR.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 9:08:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Slide and plate look like garbage.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 10:37:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Well, I decided to see what the fuss is all about.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/23/2020 11:02:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Bradd_D:
Well, I decided to see what the fuss is all about.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/2261/IMG_3515_JPG-1650982.JPG
View Quote
Smart move with the FCD plate. Turns the MOS into a respectable platform.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:32:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#30]
Good day to shoot.

Replaced batteries on all the RMRs and checked the zero. No change in zero at 15Y when torqued to same spot (milled by battlewerx / index posts).

We did a few quick drills after at 15Y. That little plate is 4 inches

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/24/2020 7:11:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Good day to shoot.

Replaced batteries on all the RMRs and checked the zero. No change in zero at 15Y when torqued to same spot (milled by battlewerx / index posts).

We did a few quick drills after at 15Y. That little plate is 4 inches

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/113559/61F16EBF-A39D-4D78-B397-FA1CACF1A5E8_jpe-1652111.JPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mODZl30RNh8
View Quote

But can you still point shoot Brah????......
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 7:14:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By YoteSlayer69:

View Quote
Funny you should ask - we did some shooting from retention and tried to walk it back. After about 3 yards it started getting real sketch.

Using the sights was much more effective.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 7:32:00 PM EDT
[#33]
My first milled Glock.  This is MOST DEFINITELY the Way.  I ain't going back.

Link Posted: 10/24/2020 7:33:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By USMC_JA:
My first milled Glock.  This is MOST DEFINITELY the Way.  I ain't going back.

https://i.imgur.com/cUt3gIi.jpg

View Quote
I like the placement of the front serrations.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 7:37:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Bradd_D:
I like the placement of the front serrations.
View Quote

Yeah.  I was on the fence about them as an option.  But they work great and will be mandatory for my G34 that is getting sent in for the same work.

ATEi.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 9:50:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Funny you should ask - we did some shooting from retention and tried to walk it back. After about 3 yards it started getting real sketch.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By YoteSlayer69:

The way I was taught. Point shooting is 3 yards and in.  It's primary purpose is shoot bad guy that's right on top of me. After that aiming does become a thing...I have learned much with dot....
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 11:20:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#37]
I was only .3 sec faster retention shooting vs aimed shooting.

I'm not sure I'd classify shooting from retention as point shooting though. Could be wrong. By retention, I mean as soon as gun clears holster I'm shooting from the hip basically 1 handed.

I actually tried 2 hand / extended arm point shooting too but when I just pointed and saw no dot my brain said "nope". Aiming with the dot was just as fast and I get 100% accuracy.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 3:29:03 PM EDT
[#38]
I was only .3 sec faster retention shooting vs aimed shooting.

I'm not sure I'd classify shooting from retention as point shooting though. Could be wrong. By retention, I mean as soon as gun clears holster I'm shooting from the hip basically 1 handed.

I actually tried 2 hand / extended arm point shooting too but when I just pointed and saw no dot my brain said "nope". Aiming with the dot was just as fast and I get 100% accuracy.
View Quote

Yes for me point shooting and shooting from retention. Based off your description are one in the same. For example had an altercation in a Walmart parking lot this morning..Of all places right? I would have had to shoot from the drivers seat through the passenger window...I would have aimed..And had the time to do it...Had I gotten out of the car. And he was coming at me quick. Pistol out point and shoot would have been the only option.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 10:43:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 9:59:51 AM EDT
[#40]
finally getting on the band wagon... I ordered a 507K for my sig 365xl the instant I saw it for sale. Read the add wrong and it was the full size 507C. whoops. So I got an adapter plate and it got on there. Shot it, loved it, but the plate worked it's way loose so I got pissed.

decided to throw the 507C on my glock 17 with flux brace. Really like that set up, basically a mini-PDW. I used an adapter there because I don't want to send it out to be milled currently, but I will have that done when the world calms down.

Ordered a proper 507K for my sig and it should be here today or tomorrow
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 5:14:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#41]
Just got my P-10C slide back from JagerWerks. Very pleased with their work. Now I just need to figure out how I got the sight heights wrong...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 7:29:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 9:04:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Ok this is the perfect CCW sized gun

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 9:09:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Marksman14:

Gun dork cops are

Theres a lot that goes into cops using them.  Department policy is also a huge limiter around here.  Cops are notoriously cheap, and frankly some simply aren't paid enough to be able to do it.  Those hurdles are a major limiter.
View Quote
The red dots I do see appearing at our department are problematic.  I'm assuming its operator error in most cases.  The guys adopting them are not the guys who spend lots of time shooting, they just buy stuff.   I think they'll eventually be universally accepted on duty pistols.  

Oy very, you should have heard the wailing and gnashing of teeth over weapons mounted lights.  One guy, one guy, uses his as a flashlight at a traffic stop and everyone gets reamed.  It wasn't like the ND hit anyone.  My point is these things take time to adopt.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 9:52:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#45]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:
Ok this is the perfect CCW sized gun

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/455820/0DE009BB-103B-4321-897E-8CE5E608B05D_jpe-1673367.JPG
View Quote

@steviesterno16

Agree those are very nice.  One of my friends is a huge sig guy and we were shooting his P365 with Holoson 507k at 100Y reduced C zone plate ... didn't miss.  His wife was even 2/2 on it.  

I am a G19 guy myself but I recommend any of the following to people who ask ... and of course steer them towards optic ready versions or milling:
- Sig P365 or P365xl
- G43x/48
- M&Pc 2.0
- G19 Gen 5
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 3:13:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: triburst1] [#46]
Yeah, I’m going to need more RMRs. I put this one together last week. It’s my fourth Glock 19 and my first pistol red dot. Now I’m thinking about selling my Glock 20 and replacing it with a 40 MOS.

Attachment Attached File

I recut the shell on my Stealthgear Mini Ventcore for the RMR yesterday.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 8:11:43 PM EDT
[#47]

@steviesterno16

Agree those are very nice.  One of my friends is a huge sig guy and we were shooting his P365 with Holoson 507k at 100Y reduced C zone plate ... didn't miss.  His wife was even 2/2 on it.  

I am a G19 guy myself but I recommend any of the following to people who ask ... and of course steer them towards optic ready versions or milling:
- Sig P365 or P365xl
- G43x/48
- M&Pc 2.0
- G19 Gen 5
View Quote

I had a Glock with RMR (I hate glocks) and an M&P with RMR but those we’re both 5ish years ago. I didn’t put in the time and I didn’t like them

I’m dryfiring now like an hour over 2 days and damn it if that dot doesn’t just pop into my vision.

Dots are clearly going to be the future. I’ve been resisting due to cost and hassle but shit it’s just going to be obvious in a decade when guns come optics ready
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 7:14:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Yeah, I know this is a pistol with RMR thread, but I just put an EoTech XPS2-2 on my 16" carbine, and I love it.  

Considering that prior to this, both of my ARs were setup for NRA High Power (20", heavy SS Krieger barrels, 13lbs, and carry handle uppers with iron sights), this is quite nice.

m
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 11:15:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By PFran42:
Just got my P-10C slide back from JagerWerks. Very pleased with their work. Now I just need to figure out how I got the sight heights wrong...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20201106_204657177_jpg-1672308.JPG
View Quote

Looks good. I might send some guns to them after Holosun gets their Atom in production.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 12:31:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#50]
@NCPatrolAR
@03RN

I <3 G19s, ... but If someone gave me this gun, I would shoot it, a lot.

Red Dots now fit on Beretta 92's and they rock (Langdon LTT Beretta)

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 67
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top