Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2002 6:56:24 AM EDT
This handgun was featured in GUN WORLD, September 2001. It shoots 5.7x28mm cartridges. It is only for military and law enforcement. Ok but has anyone considered the new .17 round?? I've read that Taurus has a wheel gun chambered but it's the handgun round not rifle cartridge.

How about an good old all American version in .17mag.

Now I've only been shooting for 2 years; but curiosity is getting the best of me . What if???
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 7:16:49 AM EDT
[#1]
None of my cleaning rods would work anymore! In my old age, I tend to stay with what I know that works or avoid the latest thing out. I would guess for plinking and varmint use, I would have to see what the advantages are, if any, before I invest in a new cleaning rod. A big welcome to ya, ttm!
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:37:27 AM EDT
[#2]
The FN Five-seven can hold 20 rounds; and pierce 3 layers of Kevlar at 100 yards. It was tested out to 200yards effective. The gun is approx. 1 1/4 longer than Glock 32. I understand why this gun isn't imported to the USA.It would be like carrying a mini AR.

I just found the gun concept interesting. A small bullet moving 2000 fps.
I just had knee surgery, and have allot of time to read old gun mags and speculate . So don't mind my thinking out loud.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:53:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh, good luck on that knee. Making the most of your downtime, glad you are spending some of it here with us. That gun/ammo combination sounds just too mean for the common american civilian. Heck, it may get into the wrong hands, like a right winger, a patriot or one of them "gun nuts" I hear so much about...heaven forbid!
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 7:23:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 7:53:54 AM EDT
[#5]
The guys at the local gun shop say (Stop buying all those mags and just buy something!!!) With todays economy all I can afford is the mags. That's  ok ; it would be to expensive and outlawed anyway.  It's cheap to think and dream...
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 10:34:50 AM EDT
[#6]
All i hear about that 5.7 mm round is that it can't stop a person worth doodoo. It sure does pierce armor but fails to stop a target...goes in and out of a body.
Oh well,
not like i'd ever have the chance to a firearm with that chambering anytime soon.

But wow, have you seen the bullets for these things?
I bought a box off of a guy just cause well, they look interesting, Very skinny, yet nice and long. ( I just like colllecting rounds, i guess its sorta fetish =oX)
Kinda like a fat needle if you ask me.
Now if i can only find something to shoot it out of...
=oT
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 2:20:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I actually thought about getting a Grendal
P-30 (30 round mag of 22 magnum) and converting it to .17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top