Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2002 9:34:56 PM EDT
Hi there I'm going to buy a SINGLE STACK M1911 style pistol. What do you think is the most RELIABLE production M1911 design out there? Remember I'm looking for a reliable gun rather than an accurate one. It should be able to shoot all kinds of ammo reliably and with hardly any failures, if any. This includes Russian and hollow point ammo. Thanks for your opinions!
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 9:43:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Hard question......... I would have to say Kimber with Springfield as a very, very close second.

Gunsite offers a tuned up model Springfield for $895 you might want to check out.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 6:09:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 9:14:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 10:34:24 AM EDT
[#4]
If you're not limited by price I would recommend first and foremost a Les Baer TR Special, followed by an Ed Brown Kobra, or lastly a Wilson CQB. All are tremendously well made and a solid value for your money... the TR Special having a slight advantage in this area.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 10:44:44 AM EDT
[#5]
and the Wilson's are about 300 bucks overpriced IMO
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 11:56:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I need to stay under $1500.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 3:24:10 PM EDT
[#7]
For $1500 you could find a very nice used TR Special or for $120 more you could have a new one. Les Baer has allot of 1911s that retail for under $1500. LB Premier II, Concept 2, and others will retail for less than $1500.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 4:12:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Well....my colt gold cup is most certainly reliable............
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 4:02:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well....my colt gold cup is most certainly reliable............

All my Colts have been, Gold Cup included but I may have just been lucky. My Springfield has been reliable except for one time out of hundreds of rounds, the slide locked open with one round left and that was with the hard to load GI contract magazine I use for practice anyway. A friend and dealer has a SS loaded that chokes on any hollowpoint. Whats that prove? Production guns vary, I would guess. With the right barrel configuration and magazine combination even a Norinco can be reliable AND accurate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top