Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2005 6:19:04 AM EDT
I did a search and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for so I was wondering if anyone knew of a good source of supressor information.

I am considering taking the plunge and getting one, but I would like to try and maximize it's utility and find one that I could use on either all of my pistols (9mm, .40, .357SIG, and .45), or preferably, all of my pistols and a couple of my rifles (10/22, FN SPR in .308, and AR in .223/6.8 SPC).

As you can tell from my post, I know little about suppressors so any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:10:10 AM EDT
[#1]
You're going to have to pick b/w a rifle or pistol suppressor. If you get a .45 pistol suppressor you will be able to use it on all of your pistols, but you will sacrifice suppression on the smaller calibers.
Same with the rifles, if you get a .308 you could use it on all your rifles, but it won't be as quiet on .22 and .223
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:42:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out the M-16/Full Auto forum.  It's kind of the de facto NFA forum around here.  Lots of suppressor stuff there.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:16:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top