Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2005 1:18:39 PM EDT
It was the blued verison.

VERY nice little revolver!

I may have to consider one!

CRC
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 5:10:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Anybody have experiences with the new model Bearcats?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:59:20 PM EDT
[#2]
My Dad has one and takes it every where he goes. It is a great nifty little hand gun. The other good thing about it is it is a revolver so you canexperiment with all the cool .22lr ammo that they have come out with. I am a fan of Ruger single actions. I am not a person that has to have an exact replica though. My Black Hawk was purchased so I could load my .45lcs hot. Threw some wolf springs in there and it is a nice hand gun. If your looking for a .22  I would get it. From what I remember my dads is accurate also. I have often thought about one of the Heritage arms that comes with a .22lr and .22mag cylinder. The Ruger is a bit nicer though in  my opinion.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:13:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Ruger makes a Single Six handgun that fires both ..22 LR and ..22 WMR but when I handled the one with the 4.5" barrel it seemed really bulky for a rimfire handgun.

The Bearcat has a nice solid feel and is much lighter for an outdoors sidearm IMHO.

Still comparing.

CRC
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:15:16 PM EDT
[#4]
My Uncle has a Bearcat that was on "loan" (to me) for quite a few years.  It's a fantastic little .22!  It's his "snake charmer" when he's fly fishing.

Rich
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top