Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2005 11:15:45 AM EDT
I know EAAs and CZs are similar, always wanted the original... What do you guys think??
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 12:25:00 PM EDT
[#1]
How thick is your wallet?
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 12:49:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I think it is a lot of money for what is basically a collectable.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 4:24:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Just out of curiosity, where would one look for one of these? My usual haunts didn't turn up anything.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 4:30:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Google "Bren Ten"  "10mm"  "Delta Elite"  then you won't anymore.  Want a 10mm Buy a Glock, it is your only option that will stay problem free with consistent use.  Even Glock reccomends you change the spring on the 10mm every 15000 rounds.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 5:04:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Everything I've read said the Bren 10 was a wonderful idea but had all the reliability of an English car built by drunken Soviets.

Link Posted: 5/17/2005 5:34:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I know EAAs and CZs are similar, always wanted the original... What do you guys think??

CZ doesn't make a 10mm.  EAA or Tangfolio/Witness makes a moderate knock off but it is NO CZ.  Parts do not interchange except mags.  Spend the extra $50-100 for the CZ you will not regret it I own 2 love them.  Accurate, reliable, and for a great price I put mine in a category with Glocj and Sig easily for far less$$$$$$.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 5:36:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Everything I've read said the Bren 10 was a wonderful idea but had all the reliability of an English car built by drunken Soviets.

I bought one new for $1200 last year.  I never shot it for fear of smallparts breakage, though most owners do.  They are nice guns, but for me, the novelty wore off quick.  Most are very reliable and excellent shooters.  There is a plae in Fl. called ESF sales, and they always have some around.

The main place to find them is this forum, where they are serious Bren Ten enthusiasts:

forum.bren-ten.com/

For another good site:

http://www.bren-ten.com/

You really need to check these and GunsAmerica every day if you want one.  Last time I checked, going price for a NIB one was $2,800.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 5:50:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Im pretty much a collector.. Ive been on those sites and usually look on Gunbroker and Guns America.. If I do end up with one Ill post pics..
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 7:27:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Google "Bren Ten"  "10mm"  "Delta Elite"  then you won't anymore.  Want a 10mm Buy a Glock, it is your only option that will stay problem free with consistent use.  Even Glock reccomends you change the spring on the 10mm every 15000 rounds.

yeah right, buy a gun made out of tupperware when the real ones were made out of stainless steel?  I'll take a Smith, Bren or Kimber anyday over the Glock abomonation
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 7:35:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah right, buy a gun made out of tupperware when the real ones were made out of stainless steel?  I'll take a Smith, Bren or Kimber anyday over the Glock abomonation

I guess your handle/board name says it all, I rest my case!  Ever shot one, doubt it.  Ever handled one, doubt it.  And if you can get your head out of your ass and the 80's you will realize their is as much metal in a Glock as most guns now.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 7:54:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd have to agree but I wouldn't want the Bren.  I just haven't owned or shot a polymer gun that felt right to me and I've shot many glocks.  To each there own.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 12:32:06 AM EDT
[#12]
  The Glock 20 is what I want but I will not say it would be my only option. I like the idea of having 17rds of 10mm in one mag. The Glock design has proven itself to be reliable and is definantly the real thing in my book. The price is also good for me and I do not know of anything else that will suit my needs like it will. I go up in the mountains a lot and go fishing, hiking and so on and want a pistol that can get extreamly dirty ans still function and not have to be taken apart that night to be cleaned but can wait a week until I get home. I do not mind the size of the grip but I can see how it is a problem for some people. As far as it being plastic some people may like it and some people may not. I work in the Aerospace industry and I can tell you that plastic does not always mean cheap and steel or metal does not always mean quality. I think Glocks are fantastic pieces of equipment and so are GOOD 1911s and I also think that EAA makes a good pistol (10mm?) I had a .45 that was great. I would never spend $900 -1500 to get a utility gun to go fishing and camping with when I could get one that I liked for under $600. However to each his own spend your money how you want.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 10:18:18 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I didn't say i was goiing to buy one. I just wanted to see how much they are going for.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 10:26:47 AM EDT
[#14]
if you guys want a 10mm that doesnt have that "new fangled plastic schtuff" that you fear so much on it, then look at the eaa witness 10mm.  nice pistol for a low price
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 10:35:21 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Nah, I bought a Dan Wesson Razorback 2 years ago and it's functioned flawlessly.

I shoot hardball 10mm in it all the time, no issues.  Glock is NOT the only 10mm out there.

I have a Bren Ten in the safe. It does shoot great, it was a well built gun for the time,
but it's moved into the "too valuable to shoot much" category.

They are available, just keep an eye on GA and the other places, but be prepared to pay.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 10:36:12 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CZ doesn't make a 10mm.  EAA or Tangfolio/Witness makes a moderate knock off but it is NO CZ.  Parts do not interchange except mags.  Spend the extra $50-100 for the CZ you will not regret it I own 2 love them.  Accurate, reliable, and for a great price I put mine in a category with Glocj and Sig easily for far less$$$$$$.

CZ does make a 10mm. CZ just purchased Dan Wesson Firearms and they are now a subsidiary of CZ
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 10:46:11 AM EDT
[#17]
I've always been facinated with the Bren Ten.  Although I would never buy any AUTO in 10mm.

Why would they give Sonny the Bren Ten and Tubbs some crappy .38 snub nose?
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 10:56:59 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I've always been facinated with the Bren Ten.  Although I would never buy any AUTO in 10mm.

Why would they give Sonny the Bren Ten and Tubbs some crappy .38 snub nose?

Its called "Top Billing". I always thought Tubbs deserved more credit in that show kind of like the guy in "Wild Kingdom" that had to go wrestle all the animals while the host just looked on.

Just curious, why would you not buy a 10mm in an auto? Is their a saftey issue or something or do you just prefer another caliber? Other than "it should be banned from civilian use"
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 11:23:04 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here we go again.  Another guy who doesn't know jack of which he speaks.  The Glock got the nickname "Tupperware" not because it is made from plastic but because it use to come in a box that opened and closed like a tupperware container.

ETA:  
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 11:55:35 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Just curious, why would you not buy a 10mm in an auto? Is their a saftey issue or something or do you just prefer another caliber? Other than "it should be banned from civilian use"

I've just never felt the cartridge to be conducive to auto loading.  The bren had its share of problems, and I've even talked to glock shooters who have feeding issues with their 10 millies.

If it were as reliable as a 9mm or a 40 smith, I'd carry it in a heartbeat.

Plus, it's just too much power to be in the hands of civilians!
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 1:09:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Plus, it's just too much power to be in the hands of civilians! Pussies!

There, corrected your quote......  
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 3:48:53 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess your handle/board name says it all, I rest my case!  Ever shot one, doubt it.  Ever handled one, doubt it.  And if you can get your head out of your ass and the 80's you will realize their is as much metal in a Glock as most guns now.

What does my board name have to do with anything.  I guess we are supposed to assume that by your name, it means all knowing 10mm God?  I think childish idiot is probably closer to norm.

As for my 80s( which was 90s -strike 1), Glock does not have as much metal in them as other guns( plastic frame -strike 2)

15000 rounds before a spring change?(strike 3) Not hardly unless you are using some sissy homebrew loads Post the section of the Glock manual that says wait 15K rounds.

And finally as for me never shooting one( strike 4) Tell me what is pictured, I can tell you what is missing the crappy early version Witness Compact in 10mm, which was so underspring I sent all the springs to Wolf to see if they could make anything( they couldn't) I hunt with mine thank you what do you do with yours, rub it with a diaper at airsoft meetings?

As I stated before I don't think the glock will withstand full house loads over time like the Norma( those 80s head up your ass ones) or any other full house loads.  The only thing Glock has is capacity, but it is huge!  If they ever made a single stack 10 in a 19/23 size it would be a big seller.

In the future perhaps perhaps you can bring more salt for the all that crow you are eating.

Link Posted: 5/18/2005 3:57:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here we go again.  Another guy who doesn't know jack of which he speaks.  The Glock got the nickname "Tupperware" not because it is made from plastic but because it use to come in a box that opened and closed like a tupperware container.

ETA:  

Really? I never heard it burp when it opens like other tupperware on saturday nights at the parties.

So the other name of "Combat Tupperware" refers to the camo edition that the SEALS use?

Please extoll some 10mm knowledge on us, or are you here for cheap jabs?
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 11:37:47 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've just never felt the cartridge to be conducive to auto loading.  The bren had its share of problems, and I've even talked to glock shooters who have feeding issues with their 10 millies.

If it were as reliable as a 9mm or a 40 smith, I'd carry it in a heartbeat.

Plus, it's just too much power to be in the hands of civilians!

I am glad I asked. I did not know that the G20s had feeding problems. Feeding problems for what I want it for is a bad thing. Just when you think you have something research you find out more. I do not know any one with a 10mm so all I can do is read. So far the only bad thing I have read is that some of the erlier metal frames cracked but that it was only the very early models of 10mms and I am not sure of which brand. Mabey I will have to go with a 21 after all.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 12:31:08 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I bought one new for $1200 last year.  I never shot it for fear of smallparts breakage, though most owners do.  They are nice guns, but for me, the novelty wore off quick.  Most are very reliable and excellent shooters.  There is a plae in Fl. called ESF sales, and they always have some around.

The main place to find them is this forum, where they are serious Bren Ten enthusiasts:

forum.bren-ten.com/

For another good site:

http://www.bren-ten.com/

You really need to check these and GunsAmerica every day if you want one.  Last time I checked, going price for a NIB one was $2,800.

The Bren Ten guns assembled after Dornus & Dixon (D&D, the original manufacturers of the Bren Ten) went out of business, are assembled from parts that were work in process before D&D died, ie partially finished. To the true Bren Ten afficiandos, these post-D&D guns are worth less than the D&D assembled guns. I have one of these post-D&D guns, and I handload my 10mm ammo to 45ACP levels, as there are practically zero spare parts available if you break and/or loose parts.

The 10mm S&W 10xx series and the Glocks are specifically engineered to handle the extra power of the factory loaded 10mm cartridge. Don't know about the others.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 12:56:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:04:24 AM EDT
[#27]
I have two friends who both purchased Bren Tens when they first came out and both received their guns without ANY magazines.  They were told the mags would deliver shortly.  Well guess what, neither one of them ever received any mags.  Both guys sold their Bren Tens after keeping them for a year without any mags.  Now they are kicking themselves for selling them.

MadDog
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:45:56 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Arent magazines next to impossible to get?

Nope, just pricey.  ESF always has some, as do a couple guys at the Bren Ten forum.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:58:07 AM EDT
[#29]
i've always felt i needed one of these. ive had a hard-on for a Bren for years now but ive only ever seen one in person. i thank glock for helping to keep the 10mm alive but i think i would buy a witness.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:58:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:16:19 PM EDT
[#31]
While Im no 10mm expert, I have been biten by the bug.

FWIW the glock can handle full power loads. Mike from DoubleTap ammo shoots some mighty hot loads thru his, but it has a KKM barrel and 24lb wolf spring.

Dan Wesson/ CZ has and will continue to make 1911 chambered in the 10mm, they are very accurate, purpose built weapon. I own two, a PMA aussie and CBOB, I reload and my load are always hot, so it more than able to handle full power loads.

I dont own a glock but I may have to get the G20 as it the only other 10mm I really want.
here a pix of my aussie and cbob

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:28:14 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm not a Glock fan, but I've never heard of their 10MM having feeding problems.  

I had a Witness Compact 10MM and IT had feed problems that weren't corrected after a trip to the factory.  Got rid of that POS quick.

I have a Dan Wesson Pointman in 10MM and it's been an awesome gun.  I highly recommend any of the DW 10MMs.

I just ordered a Stainless Delta Elite from Gunsamerica and can't wait for it to arrive.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:07:57 AM EDT
[#33]
10mm Bren Ten mags are available from Tom Forrest Inc. People have had problems with him, but I personally didn't when I ordered 10 Colt Mustang mags from him. Bren 10 mags are $125 each, not sure if they are factory authorized or not, but they work in my Bren okay.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:09:12 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
img65.echo.cx/img65/8557/gunpics1137eu.jpg

Show off.

BTW: Nice guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top